on 7 December 2013
the quality of the picture is superb seeing as the original footage was recorded on video tape and not on film, with regards to the missing songs by def leppard, spinal tap and the robert plant version of innuendo. there's various reasons

1. concerning def leppard, they dont own the publishing rights to their back catalogue and don't have a great relationship with the record company

2. concerning spinal tap..need i say more. its a made up band and the publishing deal expired years ago.

3. robert plant specifically asked for his performance of innuendo to be omitted as he wasnt happy with his performance and to give him credit hes right as the original footage on the night showed, it was inaudible and he was mumbling the lyrics

hope that clears up a few issues that many people have raised, unfortunately the band has no control over these.

overall though, its a great concert to watch and listen to. wish there was an offical cd/download release.
VINE VOICEon 19 September 2014
Utterly, utterly magical.

Firstly, this isn't a 1080p video compilation. What it is, is the video recording of almost the entire day of the Tribute Concert on one disk. It's genuinely enjoyable to be able to watch the support acts and look at the other added material as well as the legendary tribute show where Queen's surviving trio rocked Wembley one more time with a host of guests taking Freddie's role.

Support band Extreme are well worth a watch, and one high point of the main show is the performance of Seal. Genuinely an epic performance, as is George Michael in his heyday. Elton John sings the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody, then Axl Rose tears it up with the most close to Freddie perfection performance I've yet to see.

Epic. Just. Epic. And all on one disc so you can sit there and be blown away without changing discs!
on 29 October 2013
Being a massive Queen fan and having been at Wembley for this concert I thought this new edition would have an improved quality but I was disappointed with the result. The first disc which features the guest artists is just a straight copy from the original video release. The quality seems no better. Of course we all know that some artists were not happy to have their performances shown such as Spinal Tap and especially Robert Plant...such a shame, but then again I guess most of us have a copy from the TV broadcast of the full show. Is it worth the money for a new edition, probably not unless you want the guests (a brilliant Metallica, a rather over rated Extreme and a shortened Def Leppard set - 1 song of the three played). Of course us completists want the lot but at times I think we are being ripped off when there is so much of Queen that could be released on Cd and DVD. If you don't have the original then it is worth picking up.
on 28 September 2013
I loved it then and i love it now.The main show is the main attraction here. The band sounds great. Iomi-May is pure dynamite in my ears.Many of the guest vocalists/artist have had significantly influence on pop/rock.They dont match Mercury of course but it does not matter because they give their distinctive interpretation of the songs. This is not a Queen consert but a tribute consert.Sound has been given a serious upgrade compared with the DVD.Video not magnificent but it's ok.The atmosphere is awesome. A hell of a congregation if you ask me.
on 14 October 2013
The updated version of this concert is quite good. Although both parts are edited, at least the first part came to light finally - this inspired me to buy this release.

I still really miss Robert Plant's Innuendo, it wasn't so bad...and I'm still curious about Spinal Tap's "performance". :(

There are a lot of bonus materials, my favourites are the rehearsals videos and the official photo montage of the concert. The documentary is interesting, but the interviews are short, any many artists are missing.

The package contains a colour booklet with a lot of great photos.

The "SD Blu-Ray" format is a bit akward, but on a proper LCD TV it looks and sounds pretty well.
- and easier to handle one disc instead of three. I wonder how it would look like in 16:9 and FullHD.

Anyway recommend this DVD for Queen fans and rock fans as well, it was an unforgetable tribute to a great singer.
on 7 September 2013
I realise the whole concert was very very long, and I am happy that most of the good parts are included, but I am very disappointed that Extreme's version of 'Love of My Life' has been missed off - why?!!! It was one of the defining spine tingling moments of the whole show!!

Apart from that, a great trip down memory lane and fab to watch on Blu Ray. Not a lot of extras but at such a good price I wasn't expecting many anyway.
on 14 January 2015
Excellent tribute to Freddie, pity he was not around to see it. Freddie,s voice pitch was a one off and no matter who sings with the band in his place they will never match his voice. Keep rocking Queen your true fans are as old as you and we would love more albums. Your music lives on in my grandchildren, whose only regret was not seeing you live. They did see "We will rock You, four times, and loved it as I did.
on 21 August 2013
I was also there and am pleased that at last there is a release of the "full" concert - I notice the likes of Spinal Tap is missing, which is a relief as they were awful (due to sound issues) - a lot of the concert was also made up of "live" feeds from other countries, which I suspect are also missing. From what I can see the main acts are all there and that's what should be included.

Update: arrived yesterday and although not yet watched properly (on a Blu-ray player) I have looked on the PC and the aspect ratio is the original and not widescreen - with the technology available it should have been possible to change this. There seems to be a lot of the "Freddie" videos and not much of the bands - which is a disappointment, I am sure if the bands were asked again they would give permission for the songs to be included (ie Extreme).
on 8 July 2016
I remember watching this on TV and had been looking for ages to see if u could get it on dvd or Bluray. I was so pleased with this, great picture and sound quality and the performances are amazing. Such a wonderful show. This was a great price for all the footage you receive, especially for a bluray. It arrived quickly and without any damage.
on 8 February 2015
Great sound and picture. I was at this concert which was live on TV, so it does bring back memories as I do appear on the video (well the back of head anyways). Many stars feature on this video, but you can`t help thinking that not one of them can replace Freddie Mercury. Thats why I have only given it 4 stars. Overall a great concert.