Customer reviews

Flavour Name: Chicken|Size: 14 kg|Change

on 19 October 2014
Very good
on 26 July 2013
Confusion over delivery at first A ok now. Greatly reduces heavy lifting. Reasonable price is an added bonus. Would like to be able to vary flavours!
on 3 August 2014
The dog loved it, but so do kids love sweets.
Having looked into the ingredients of this product, I will never feed my dogs this commercialized rubbish again.
For a couple of pounds more there are far better foods available for your dog
on 21 January 2015
I can't say that I've ever come home to find the bowl still full on any occasion, all my 4 dogs love this dog food. There's plenty of meaty kibbles in it as well as biscuits of all different shapes and sizes. I must say that the food looks rather appealing as it smells good and looks rather colourful too. Because I have small and large breeds, I wanted to buy food that suited at of their needs size and taste wise. The size of the kibbles are important to me as if the kibbles are too small my large breeds won't eat it, and if they're too big my small breeds won't eat it.
This was helpful to me when buying as I didn't like the idea of buying different pet foods to suit all breeds as it would cost me a fortune!
The good thing about this particular food is that my dogs tend to pick out the kibbles they liked the best, my smallest breeds tend to go for the smaller kibbles whilst the larger breeds go for the largest kibbles.
I wouldn't say this is a pet food that keeps a dog fuller for longer as they tend to eat more of it, this could be down to the fact that they find it so tasty or that it might not be great for more active or working dogs.
My reason for the 3 stars with this particular brand and choice of flavour is that I found it gave my pets loose stools from time to time, the stools were either runny or very very soft which tells me that they haven't quite digested it too well.
As one of my pets has a very sensitive stomach, I decided not to feed him this anymore as it just wasn't working for him at all and was the one most affected by this pet food.
Personally, I'd advise any pet owners with pets that seem not to digest this well to try buying Wagg pet food. I know it's a cheaper make and doesn't look as appetising as this but it sure works well and is great for active or working dogs. I wasn't sold on the idea at first but having bought the brand myself and seen better results, I tend to use Wagg as well as this product.
I am not sure wether Bakers has any artificial flavourings that may have caused my pets digestive some problems as it does specify on the bag that it actually aids with digestion. I have however noted that it does say that it's got added colourings in it which may explain why it didn't work too well on the digestive side of things.
When I started using Wagg pet food I did note the rather bland colours so I am putting two and two togther here by suggesting that not having any artificial colours, flavourings or added sugar was why Wagg worked so well for my pets. Not only that but it is made for active/ working dogs as well as been tailored for easy digestion. If you're having problems of this nature I'd advise trying this other product out.
I wouldn't completely advise against buying this food, I'd just err on the side of caution is your dog has a rather fussy stomach. This on only my personal experience with this product and may of course be a different one for others.
However, the best thing about buying big bulky bags like this is that you get it delivered to your doorstep without the hassle and it lasts longer between buys too.
I hope that my review has helped others!
on 13 March 2015
MY DOGS LOVE IT-always heve loved it its what they like best,tried others twice the price and didnt like.so stick to BAKERS,-ONE YEAR LATERDOGS STILL GOIN CRAYZZZZEEEE 4 BAKERS
review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 February 2017
Firstly, if you're thinking of feeding your dog with this rubbish...don't.

This is a brand leader for Purina. There are sacks and boxes on every supermarket shelf and it's often on 'offer'. Will your dog like it? Yes; it's got lots of scrummy fats and flavour enhancers which mean pooch will gobble it up with delight, generally. It looks innocuous, a range of shapes and colours and it's easy to serve. It's also very competitively priced, which tends to attract potential buyers.

My concern lies with the content. The 'meat' content is the basic minimum and it's derivative, so it's low quality protein, hoof, horn, ground teeth etc. Difficult to digest. The additives list is frightening. Many of the listed additives are currently banned in Germany, the US and other countries. Pet behaviour specialists suggest that problems may be resolved by avoiding this food. Vets suggest that some illnesses, including bladder and digestive cancers may be linked to additives in this food.

This is an excellent example of Nestle marketing. Buy this and you're feeding Neatle, not your dog.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2014
DOGS GO CRAZY FOR THIS STUFFyes finest dog food on the market,given them stuff twice the price and they leave it,says it all
review image
on 22 July 2016
Very poor ingredients. Not good for my dog.still have half the bag left.unused
on 23 February 2013
This food makes my dogs fat and constipated with foul smelling stools. Not for me I'm afraid as I can resist the urge to give them something they like especially when I am woken up by 1 whining bloated dog.
on 27 March 2011
I have used bakers complete on my Alaskan malamute cross since he was 9 weeks old and he loves it.great product great value and delivered to your door wot else could you wont tks amazonBakers Complete Chicken and Vegetables (15 kg)