Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

I reckon that I'm the wrong person (possibly) to write this review, but as Zon emailed me a request to do so, it would be rude to refuse!

If you enjoy the cold crystal clear modern digital production lacking any soul or emotional content then I guess you might enjoy some of this. For me it was simply production over content. The musical talent/ability displayed on most of these tracks is minimal in my opinion, and I am sure some of the clinical sounds are computer/digitally produced rather than from musical instruments.

Definitely not for me but at least it was free and I gave it a chance.
on 7 July 2013
After the fantastic Storm by Django Django whose delicious harmonies sing a love song to a tempestuous girl and the disco beat of She Wants by Metronomy, I thought I was on to a winner. Sadly it was all down hill from there, mood quickly dispelled by the freaky atmosphere of Connan Mockasin's track. The reverbed guitars and reggae beat of Get Free and the fuzzy bass of Trick Pony were intriguing but nothing special and the rest seemed meandering and rather forgettable. Oh well, you can't win them all.

If you want to give it a chance, get it while it's free but you might just want to head straight for the Django Django and Metronomy back catalogues.
on 7 July 2013
For a free sampler there are some really great tracks on here from a range of genres. Although I hadn't heard of some of the artists I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to them and found that they were all really good.
on 19 July 2013
Only a couple of good tracks on this, in my opinion - one of which (Django Django) I already have. Love the idea of free sampler CDs though, so always worth downloading in case you find a gem here or there.
on 8 July 2013
I can't say I loved every track but it's free and there were 3 tracks that I really liked, it is interesting and you can find things you like out of the usual music you like.
on 16 July 2013
Music is very subjective - but I do give everything a chance.
Just because someting is not to my taste - it does not mean it is bad.
However track 10 was worth the listen
on 3 July 2013
Love the Django Django track and the Metronomy track, the rest I could probably leave. But it's great for costing nothing
on 16 August 2013
It was free. Some great tracks, some okay tracks and some background tracks. Nothing awful and a good chance to hear something new.
on 10 June 2014
It was free so I downloaded it. Shouldn't have bothered was not my taste at all.sorry. maybe something g more in my line next time
on 21 July 2013
I'd heard a couple of tracks from this before but most were new, definitely worth it for the price. Good!