Customer reviews

Format: Kitchen & Home|Change

on 12 October 2013
I rely on product reviews ... and generally agree with the most of them .... and I bought this product based on those reviews.
I paid for a 2.4v dustbuster and that it was I got. I can't complain.
It has all the suction that you may expect a 2.4v nasal hair trimmer may have, but in a much bigger package, but it won't trim nasal hair.
I've plugged it into the national grid, happy in the knowledge that those 2 little 1.2v batteries will always be charged, ready to be called on to suck up any dust I may find. Just dust, nothing else and not for very long. - You get what you pay for.
on 12 June 2016
Great suction even on the door mat but not great on carpet but didn't buy it for that. Love that you can wall mount it too. I use it daily on my tile floor.
on 3 April 2014
I love this dustbuster! I have a very small flat, with hard floors and so its not really worth buying and storing a full sized vacuum cleaner. When doing a thorough clean I use a broom to sweep all the dust etc. into a pile and then suck it up with the dustbuster (dust pan and brush seem to miss bits due to uneven floor). Even better, it is so easy to zap any fluff balls, dust or spilled food etc. when I see it- very satisfying!

I keep it on charge when not in use and I haven't noticed it losing charge, although I only usually use it for a few minutes at a time. The suction power is very good and its very easy to empty and clean.
on 11 February 2014
Not very powerful, need to make sure filter is clear before every time you use it even if not full. I bought it to clear away ash and soot from around my fire but it's not even strong enough for that with a bit of dust in it. Better with hand tool on for closer suction, light enough and easy to charge.
on 19 March 2016
Lightweight and easy to use but only picks up obvious crumbs and debris. It just does not have enough power. Also not sure why it was decided that the air vent should be at the bottom of the dust buster at the back. This means that you have to use it in a forward direction to avoid blowing dust and debris further away. Disappointed, especially for such a major brand.
on 5 June 2013
Our old B&D seemed a similar model but this has far more suction. Maybe not as much as I would like, but probably ample for 95+% of my needs. A small nozzle (to concentrate the suction) and a fabric nozzle are cleverly attached underneath.
I got a shock after receiving it as the on screen price had dropped by £10. The obvious thing to do would be to return it for a refund and re-order, but the very helpful Amazon member of staff, while reminding me correctly that of course I was not entitled automatically to a partial refund, then organised my £10 refund. Well don Amazon.
on 14 May 2017
I've not made much use of this because it just doesn't seem to be very powerful. It fills up and loses all sucking power very, very quickly but even when emptied, doesn't do much. The fittings are not very useful either (can't reach into the corners of the car, for example). I'm disappointed, really, but it's too late to return it.
on 2 March 2014
Small capacity but that adds to its advantage of being very lightweight and makes me empty it often, clearing the filter each time - so keeps its efficiency. It is powerful enough to clean the car floor and the stairs, and in this rainy weather avoids having to risk electrical equipment trailing out to the car. I've never had a light weight vac before and am finding it very useful to augment the main cleaner.
on 6 January 2015
Weaker than expected. Followed all charging instruction but unfortunately it only last about 10 minutes. Thought it will be more powerful. I guess you get what you paid for.

Upsides: looks nice, have a good weight and nice to hold in hand (and my little one loves it and finally stopped being scared of hoovering, thanks)
on 8 May 2014
I purchased this to hoover the car out for its weekly clean. Its definitely easier than lugging the Dyson out, but other than hoovering the upholstery it struggles on the floor of the car. It does get the odd stone up, but I think it is better suited to hard flat surfaces, spills etc in the house. My car does not get that dirty inside, and I will be reverting back to the Dyson.