Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 May 2017
Great 3-disc CD of a range of feel-good, uplifting songs. Predominantly pop and light rock. Great selection of songs and artistes. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 25 March 2017
Great CD
Not all these songs are truly summer songs, but quite a lot are. Nevertheless, on a compilation like this, I think Abba should be represented by Summer night city rather than Voulez vous. Still, that's a minor quibble.

Here, you will find tracks recorded between 1963 and 2007 of a diverse nature that stretches even people with eclectic tastes such as me. Is anybody going to love every track? Probably not, especially with artists as diverse as Barry Manilow, Billy Idol, Jamiroquai and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince included, but I love most of what's here and that's enough to give this 5 stars, given that there is nothing that would oblige me to hit the skip button every time it starts.

I have several collections of summer music already, particularly covering the seventies and eighties. I bought this because I like the mix of those tracks with more recent music that I haven't necessarily heard before, but which mostly sound great. There were even one or two that I recognized once they started playing, but I have no idea where I heard them - maybe in a jukebox somewhere while drinking a few beers.

Of course I love the old tracks from the sixties and seventies, though some of the choices (Build me up Buttercup, Oh pretty woman) weren't necessarily ones I expected to find on a summer album. Of the later tracks, this collection reminds me that I really ought to buy albums by Gipsy Kings and Sixpence none the richer. I've just never got round to it, but hopefully I will eventually.

There are many other great tracks on this collection of feel-good songs.
on 4 September 2014
As an ex nightclub DJ, I de-cluttered my house by getting rid of records; thousands of them! Some I kept! But I had to get rid of 99%. Good to hear from some I wished I'd kept!
on 18 July 2016
I love the songs, purchased it, but can't play most of the time. Says there is an Amazon error. If I purchased it I should be able to play it. Not a happy bunny!
on 5 July 2015
Really good summer time feel good box set, I love listening to these CD's I would recommend buying this box set some great old school summer time tunes on them.
on 22 February 2014
This CD is fantastic so nice for in the car absolutely brilliant as I have a full verity of singers and songs and from when I was young.
on 3 March 2016
Great songs to sing along loudly (and tunelessly) with out in the car! Great fun elsewhere too!! Delivered promptly.
on 30 July 2013
fantastic listening in the summer sunshine, such good memories, fantastic choice of tracks, would very much recommend, feel good music
on 16 March 2016
Summertime, anytime listening. Bought for our camper van CD player. Great sound. Good value.