Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Populaire [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 6 October 2013
Only the French could make a film about typing into such a wonderful adventure. Yes ,you heard that right, it's about typing, basically its 'Rocky' but instead of the boxing ring its a typing competition. But there's so much more than a simple pugilistic quest to the top, its funnier, darker and most of all much more enjoyable. The directors made the perfect choice when picking the main characters and they bounce off each other effortlessly, this is further reinforced by the period the film is set in. If you can't speak French and hate subtitles, then no problem, go to settings set it to the audio commentary and you effectively have it set for English dubbing. All in all this is a wonderful film which should leave you with a huge smile on your face.
on 6 April 2014
I loved this film - I thought it was really good fun at the same time as touching on more serious aspects of the human condition.

Like most French movies, it takes you through a series of emotions without you even realising it - one minute you can be laughing out loud and the next, your eyes are watering.

I thought the subject matter was really entertaining. I wondered how they would pull off a film about a typing competition - not very exciting in this day and age when we're surround by adrenalin rush movies - but it worked and I found myself sat on the edge of my seat just willing her to type like the wind!

Yes, it was a little predictable - most romantic comedies such as these are - but that's why we watch them - we know we'll be satisfied at the end, when the boy gets the girl and vice versa.

An all round simple, heart-warming story about love and type writers - what more could you want. Well worth a watch!
on 20 April 2017
I watched this film in a French class at school and really liked it so ordered it online. This DVD arrived quickly, and works well in my DVD player. It was easy to put on and take off subtitles and is a brilliant film that I would recommend you watch. Overall a brilliant product and a brilliant seller. I hope this review is helpful.
on 11 September 2017
Not a masterpiece but a nice movie that I enjoyed showing my pupils; it is entertaining and educative as it addresses different topics such as the role of women in the 50s and France after war.
on 8 May 2017
I can't believe that a film about typing could be such a great love story, the typing contests where gripping.
on 23 April 2017
I love this film. If you like vintage films you will love this.
on 27 April 2017
A super film, a quirky love story with wonderful comedy thrown in and to top it all Gallic humour. Thoroughly recommend you watch it.
on 20 April 2017
Amusing family film arrived quickly
on 25 December 2013
I really enjoyed this entertaining film, mainly because of Déborah François. Though it is an original idea in terms of the type-writing competition, it is somewhat of an overdone style. However, Populaire brings a freshness to the genre that is appealing.

Great video and audio quality! The subs are soft, so for those who understand French, they are removable!
on 26 April 2014
Sweet family film. Watched it over the Christmas holidays and it is definitely a feel good film. It's about a young french girl on her journey to becoming a 1st class type writer.