on 14 April 2015
The dynamo function on these is useless. I bought a couple so I could play with the internals, and found that they run off 3 non-rechargeable coin cell batteries. Without these, the LEDs flash briefly (and weakly) when you pump the handle, but there's no way of storing a charge.
21 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2014
1) Bought 2 pcs from Ultra Top @ £1.70 each & it took around 20 days to arrive necause they were shipped from HK which was not mentioned when order was placed.
2) It's really a bargain because with only about 10 seconds wind up (hand press) the power is still kept for a long period & the 3 LED are bright enough. More important it does not need any battery & save you a small fortune (as time goes by sometimes the cost of batteries is more than the torch)!
3) Highly recommended
9 people found this helpful
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 9 January 2017
This product is not fit for purpose. It does not live up to the claim '30 seconds press=15 minutes of light 60 seconds press=25 minutes of light'
Such a performance is possible only if the torch contains a rechargeable battery or a supercapacitor.

As this item contains only 3 x L1131 button cells which are not rechargeable it will stay alight only until the cells are exhausted. No amount of pumping will enable it to provide further continuous light.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2014
For a long time have been looking for some small torch which does not depend on batteries. This the best thing I have bought recently. It came on time and already charged and working. The back button drops the lever at the bottom to pump it up when needed. Igot one for the car and one for the bedside in case of a power cut and for 2 for my sister for the same reason. I can thoroughly recommend this.
6 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 January 2016
Just over a year later and this cheap torch is still going strong. I paid not very much over a pound for it and it's still helping me locate my keys in my bag, or my ignition for my bike. It's true it's not the brightest but then it's not really meant for seeing what's going on five miles away. It feels like a perfect fit in my (slightly larger than average) hands but is small enough to be tucked away in a purse.

Award winning? No. Cheap + works + added bonus of range of colours? Win win (win).
on 1 May 2014
I purchased two. Nothing to lose I thought because of the price. Package says "No Bulbs. No Batteries". The light from the 3 LED's is really bright and I was puzzled by the fact that it was available as soon as the switch was set to the on position. How I thought, with no batteries?. I left the light on to see how long it would last and after ten minutes it began to flicker which got progressively worse. No amount of cranking the lever made any difference and the light continued flickering. A puzzle to exercise my mind at quite a low cost.
One person found this helpful
on 20 June 2014
These torches are brilliant and so easy to crank up (which you hardly ever have to do in comparrison to others). Much better than the ones you have to wind up (I've had those and the wind up part eventually breaks). I would always buy these and have purchased more for friends.
5 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
Very useful flash light. Took me forever to find one like this because I did'nt know the English word for it (it's a knijpkat in Dutch, translates to 'squeeze cat'). Finally got one through Amazon and I am well pleased. A few squeezes (not the cat, NO, dunno why we call it that!) and there's enough power for hours.
on 5 March 2018
Stays at a steady low light without pumping the lever for a fairly long time suitable for putting out the rubbish at night etc. For a brighter light pump the lever slowly and continuously so the wheel spins gently. The lever lock secures the body so you might have to add tape in this mode.
on 17 June 2014
I ordered two of these and though they were late arriving all contact with the seller was dealt with very promptly and matters dealt with satisfactorily. The delay was in no way the fault of the seller but it was the mail service which was slow. The torch works well and, as i have to use an elevator very frequently, I will keep one permanently in my handbag in case elevator lighting fails. Can recommend
2 people found this helpful