Customer reviews

Colour: Black and Red|Change

on 18 December 2016
Excellent product with speedy delivery
on 6 August 2014
Excellent excellent excellent. Bought it for my 11 year old son after constant pleading! Thought it would be a waste of cash and that I would have I pick up my son's disappointment but far from it. Excellent camera quality and really easy to use. Need a big open space to get true enjoyment out of this and not to be used in wind over 10mph I would guess. Son just has not stopped playing with it and his mates love it as well. Worth the £310 paid.
on 29 March 2016
Currently very disappointed with this drones - had significant technical trouble compared to other drones our friends have had. Once charged, my boyfriend spent 2 hours trying to connect to the drone's wifi, and kept getting told 'no ip', or 'cannot connect'. When he did finally get it working it was like the drone had a mind of it's own - rather than lifting straight up and hovering, it shot horizontally, skimming across the carpet in unexpected directions! This repeated a number of times, followed by getting some lift before it span off and crashed into the stairs, already cracking the flimsy foam cover. I naturally accused my boyfriend of not reading the instructions properly or taking care, but the same things happened when I tried. Then later, I came downstairs to find him held in the corner by the drone - it had gone up but the wifi had disconnected so it had gone into 'autopilot' mode, but then he couldnt get it to reconnect for ages! I must admit this was a funny image seeing him pinned there, but highlights the technical unreliability of the app. I'm keen to get some technical support or, of if possible replace because this just has not delivered for the cost!! Will update review if I get assistance and the situation improves.
on 28 April 2017
Really bad experience. The unit does not hover, impossible to control. From first use. Seller diesn't want to refund purchase and says to cintact manufacturer. This is not how online sales should work.
on 13 July 2017
I take it all back!!!
Parrot did the right thing.
I called them, spoke to them, engaged in email chat in meaningful and constructive fashion.
They sent me a brand new battery!
Well done guys and my thanks.
For what happened read below.

I was given one of these things for my Birthday.
I have read carefully all of the info, I have downloaded the Apps.
The battery is not charging properly and having read about this on the various Forums it seems like this is an ongoing problem.
I called the Manufacturer Parrot.
They tell me I must buy a replacement battery!!!
How bad is that huh.
The battery THEY supplied is faulty and they expect me to pay £50 to replace it!!!
This is simply dreadful so please be aware people!!
If someone from Parrot contacts me and makes a sensible plan I will write it up and say so but until then I WARN you ALL of this dreadful service
on 18 November 2013
I bought this as I have more money than sense sometimes - having used the little quadcopters you can buy on Amazon / in Maplin, etc., I decided to move up to a this machine. My wife was extremely skeptical (I didn't tell her just now much it cost) and then I added some new bits & pieces from a specialist Drone shop (i-Drone dot me). They were extremely helpful and sold me some nice little feet for the Drone (to lift it up a bit and protect the feet / motors on hard landing) plus some upgraded bearings, etc., also an ARTX carry case which is excellent.

Can easily sling the whole thing over my shoulder when going out for a walk, together with my three batteries, and can then send it off flying once I'm up on the Ridgeway or in a field. Very tentatively at first as I didn't trust myself, however within a week or two I was flinging the thing all over the sky, taking it up to 80 metres plus and increasing my lateral speed - these things shift! My wife also enjoys this and I've got her to fly it as well - used to use my iPad mini but quite frankly, it is just as easy with an iPhone / Android phone.

All in all, great fun and more of a hobby than a toy. But costs do climb as you will eventually want to add more bits to it. Get yourself a proper 'tool kit' as this is essential, also a few spare gears and spindles. But with a bit of common sense, you will have a great deal of fun with this.
on 17 May 2015
So I got my ar parrot 2.0 power edition just in time for the weekend. What can I say but if you are looking at upgrading your drone this is a perfect jump. The power edition does cost a little more but you get 3 extra sets of coloured blades (I changed my ones to the blue) and 2 x 1500 battery. The good thing with this is you get at least 30min fly time. I'm running ar freeflight app off the Microsoft Surface 2 R/T so anyone else out there with this system be assured it works fine. Don't think you get the GPS option with Ms version but I'm not to fussed. There are still the options to record your flight and take pictures. The control of the drone is very good you get all the features to change how quick you wish the drone to respond.
The only time I have had a problem was when the drone lost control during a turn. I removed my fingers of the surface controls expecting it to return to hover mode but it continued on its path. Lucky I was in a large open area but I had to hit the emergency button. The drone cut all power and crashed hitting the ground and rolling 3 to 4 times. I was expecting to see a very broken ar due to the impact it took. But to my amazement there was not a mark on it with all blades and gears in place and the body was undamaged. I reset the drone and continued flying.
The other this to remember is don't fly this drone in dusk or dark conditions. The camera under the body that keeps it stable can't see the ground thus the drone can't auto hover. Not good if your in a confined space. All in all this is a great item. Order it today.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 6 October 2013
Brilliant performance for modest outlay. easy to use and superb picture quality. Power edition necessary because of short battery life.
on 27 September 2016
Wish I had never purchased this now. It seems to have a mind of its own at times. It's getting that I am reluctant to fly it in case I lose it
Do not buy this
on 17 January 2016
Gift for my son, it took a while to download the correct software for his phone, we had to use an old Iphone as the op system on a 6 was too new. All good now. He's flying it like a pro after a few crashes, no damage to drone though as we keep the protective indoor covers on at all times.