Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 22 August 2015
Having read Maeve Binchy books over a number of years I was looking forward to an entertaining, if undemanding read. This novel failed to engage me on any level. I struggled for 4 chapters in the hope of some thread to hook me but it failed miserably and I gave up and deleted it from my kindle. That will be the last time I buy a Maeve Binchy book. She is way past her best.
on 7 April 2014
This was un put down able as always when you start with the first paragraph right until the last you get pulled into her amazing world. The stories made you laugh out loud at various points and I loved sharing by reading out certain parts of the book

The world was a better place for having Maeve Binchy in it and the legacy of her books will help her live on
on 27 February 2014
Some of the articles are very funny but, overall, terribly dated.
I guess the best you can say is that they probably accurately reflected the time at what they were written. Nonetheless, so many of the topics now would be relegated to a 'girly' magazine ... a bit disappointing.
on 6 February 2015
Loved the book! Had me chuckling out loud in many parts and other patients waiting at the doctor must have wondered why I was so happy!!!!
The sort of book that you can pick up and read for short spurts as it consists of all short articles. Not to be missed.
on 18 September 2014
Maeve's style of writing makes you feel like she's in the room
with you, talking directly to you. The articles give an insight into her life over the years and her portrayal of events and places is so vivid you feel like you're there.
on 12 October 2013
I have read and loved all Maeve Bincheys' books and although this was not one of her usual spell binding stories, the articles were
still so much Maeve and her incisive observations of life. I would recommend it to all her many fans.
on 24 August 2014
Loved this book. The articles were so interesting written throughout the decades of her time as a journalist. With her wonderful conversational style and her love of the absurd it was a delight. I shall read again and again.
on 15 March 2014
If you love Maeve Binchy's writing, this book is for you. A selection of her columns written over the years for the Irish TImes - all in her inimitable style. I laughed out loud - and I was very sorry when I finished it.
on 12 October 2013
How lovely to re read all of Maeve Binchy's humourous and wise writings for her column in the Irish Times. Her outlook on humanities failings are very down to earth and sometimes hilariously funny. A tonic to read.
on 25 September 2013
this was bought for my mother who enjoys this author although I was little unsure at first as it was not the usual story format. my mother reassured me that she enjoyed this book and was pleasantly surprised.