on 1 February 2014
I was more of a Robbie fan than Gary and always thought Gary had ideas way above his station, but this book showed me that Gary was all round Mr Nice Guy. He shows a maturity even when he was very young far greater than his years and his groundedness seems to have gone through life with him to make him the person he is today. Interesting read.
on 23 December 2013
This is the best book about Gary Barlow ever! From his early days in that chewing gum advert they used have in Number One Magazine, all the way up to the current tax avoidance scandal, this is the most comprehensive overview of his career you will find, with facts, facts, facts, facts and more facts - and even Morph facts, but you'll have to read the book to find out that one! Mark Owen, Nigel Martin-Smith, Bob Boulton, cwilliams1976, even Gary's pet crow, they're all in here, most with brand new interviews, and you'll find some amazing facts about Gary you never knew, such as the fact of what his favourite TV puppet is (clue - it was a cat who sat on a bin!). All in all a fitting tribute to a singer so so important that the prime minister asked us to stop discussing his tax affairs shortly before publically condemning Jimmy Carr. A billion love songs later, here he am! LONG LIVE EMU!
on 15 January 2014
I enjoyed this look behind the scenes. I was interested to find out just how hard working and driven a character he was when younger and probably still is tho maybe he's slowing down a bit now! It worries me slightly that its titled unauthorised as I then wonder if perhaps some of it might not be quite true somehow? But it provided backdrop to the lives of Take That and put a new perspective on the lives of the band and how driven talented people in show business need to be to succeed.
on 8 March 2014
If your a captain barlow fan this books for you. My only gripe was it could have been solely about gary and not the others. I've got Gary's own written book my take in paperback form which is a good read wish they would make that into a Kindle version
on 22 February 2014
I saw a programme on the TV about Gary Barlow in Afghanistan and was impressed with his approach in that setting. I am still reading this book as I am not a boy band fan but am enjoying the style and content so far.
on 23 March 2014
I hope Gary doesn't mind this too much, as I greatly admire him. He comes over as a warm & caring individual and very talented. He seems to be at ease and at his best during public performance of any kind
on 25 April 2014
I am a Gary Barlow fan, love his music and he started writing so young, but this is boring, it's starts off okay, but too many facts and figures, not what I call a good fireside read.
on 28 January 2014
Having only read about 40% (thanks Kindle counter) I have to say so far, not so good. I haven't read many of these type of biography and perhaps should have paid more attention to the full title of 'The Unauthorised Biography' so my disappointment is largely down to my poor choice. Very little persona in it, no real insight into the person but then again I should have read the title properly.
on 25 January 2014
Nice book about a nice man. Perhaps he's overexposed but nonetheless its a story of success and triggered for reading by his visit to Afganistsn
on 17 February 2014
This book is good in parts but boring and irrelevant in others as the author has taken the easy route by padding out whole pages with facts.