on 30 October 2013
Andrew James obviously pre-boild his potatoes before he tries to cut them with this little fibber. The overall construction seemed sturdy enough which is why I chose it after reading all the reviews, but it only takes medium sized spuds and the cutting blades are so flimsy that literally by the third potato they had started falling apart within the frame. It's in the cupboard, back in the box and we're manually cutting our fries now. Disappointing.
on 18 August 2013
After ripping my hands to shreds trying to get the cutters in place I have finally had to give up on this item. The device is too small for most potatoes, the cutters are difficult to get in and out of the device for washing so for me a total waste of money
on 17 January 2014
i used this item only three times before the blades on the cutter broke. i am now on the fourth time using the narrow cutters and am holding my breath waiting for that one to break too, it is actually quite hard to operate as well.
on 10 September 2015
Useless piece of equipment. Kept coming apart when I used it, and the potatoes had to be in small chunks to stand a chance getting pushed through the holes. So much effort needed to use this, even my husband and eldest son struggled. I wouldn't waste your money. Sorry for the bad review, we have a lot of Andrew James stuff here, and love all of it. But not this.
on 24 August 2013
Great idea. But you need a strong arm and the third time we used it one of the cutting blades came loose so now it's useless.
Why not make this unit stronger and more durable?
on 23 May 2015
Stainless steel construction but I can't recommend it. Similar to one my parents used to have which took a hammering from us kids. This is relatively flimsy though. It works if you're careful but the blade matrix has been exchanged twice because it collapses. I'm afraid I stopped using it and cannot recommend it.
on 19 May 2015
Quite the most useless thing I've ever wasted my money on! It's heavy, clumsy, you have to watch out for its extremely sharp blades and worst of all it just doesn't work, or it wouldn't for me. I tried with both kinds of blade and all I got was severely mangled and very wet potatoes. It soon found a new home. In the bin.
on 31 December 2014
Bought this machine with high expectations but have ended up going back to cutting my chips manually! It simply isn't powerful enough and if you have a particulary hard potato such as a King Edward it actually pushed the whole blade out. Other potatoes that I did manage to use would make the chips but then the end of the potato would be stuck inside the blades so not a 'clean' cut. I found it all to messy and takes too long if there are problems also managed to cut my finger and nail trying to remove stuck potato.
on 15 July 2014
I bought this to go with my new airfryer- this is a good quality chipper and has handled decent sized potatoes with ease. Its nice and easy to clean and can manage peeled or unpeeled (for that rustic taste...) potatoes. The thicker chips are still quite thin and the thinner ones are similar to the straw fries beloved of many a chain fast food restaurant. Recommended certainly and my children love the chips it produces .
on 27 October 2014
I only have the use of one hand and thought this would be easier than cuttting chips with a knife. I was wrong.
The non-slip feet fell off during washing prior to use.
I have other Andrew James products and am more than happy with them, unfortunately I am not happy with this one.