2,760
Colour: Magma Red|Edition: Standard|Change

on 20 July 2015
My PS3 Controller was slowly failing , the arrow keys where firing at random ( and trust me this makes dark souls very hard to play, especially when it unequipped your shield mid fight :P. The inevitable happened and it failed completely so it got what was coming to it. As i play on PC and use this for games that are better with a pad i saw no reason to go for the older design, and boy was i glad i upgraded to the DualShock 4, its far far far better built that the Dual Sock 3 and the shower button are much nicer, i do prefer the old analog stick but i am used to them now. It reminds me of my original Analog ( not dual sock 1) pad from my PS1 the HUGE one! Very well built indeed! love it. And today i find out i can use it on my PS3 as well ( however i never use it :P) .

http://ds4windows.com is the driver for PC users.
on 24 April 2016
Well... its a Playstation controller, its nice to hold, and use, has good feedback, and the buttons and toggles all feel pretty well built. there is a little flex and cracking in the body when twisted so angry gamers may find themselves going through these pretty quickly (serves em right for being angry peoples). the only complaint I have is the battery life is very much sub-par of the old DualShock 3 controller, mostly due to the pointless light bar and touch pad I think, however there's not really any going around this so... The battery lasts about 4 days of reasonable usage.
What some reviews say of the thumb sticks wearing down are BS in my opinion, I've been using my original one that I bought well over 2 years ago and It's still in perfect condition, they must be using them for sanding down cars or something...
on 1 November 2015
I purchased this after my original black dualshock 4 controller developed a minor fault with the left analog stick after roughly a year or so of use. It basically moves whatever game i am playing to left, very slowly. So i decided to purchase a new PS4 controller. I looked at all the colours available and i decided between blue, black and white. Eventually i choose white because it kept luring me in and it does look great. When i received the controller, it looked even better than any picture could do justice and i am very happy with my purchase. The top half of the controller is pure white with a matt finish but still has a shine to it, while the bottom half is a very light grey. I think i prefer this to all the other colours available right now, including the original black dualshock 4. I have a black PS4 and a white dualshock 4 controller now which says a lot about how much i love this colour.
on 24 February 2014
When your paying around £54 for a controller you expect the analog sticks to stay in shape, yet after a week of no more than 2 hours aday gaming the rubber parts start coming away from the stick itself. Which makes gaming really uncomfortable.
77 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2016
I bought this for my Husband at Christmas (But I myself also use this). This tends to mess up & have a mind of it's own when the battery starts getting low. Now I haven't looked into this to find out if this is something that Playsation controllers do or not but our other controller doesn't do this. The best example I can use is while playing GTA the car I was driving just started driving itself around as if the buttons were stuck. Amazon will not let this item be returned even though it's an eltrical item, I would buy this from game or other shops.
on 17 April 2016
I bought this for my pc and using third party software (ds4winows) i got it up and running very easily, also connects to my bluetooth dongle. I really needed a controller for playing racing games and even adventure third person shooters because they play a lot better than with a keyboard and mouse. Its excellent and although the price is a bit steep its worth it. I got the white and it looks great but wish i had the red it looks better imo.
on 9 July 2016
Happy with this controller, it appears to be an official controller and the same as the one we got originally with the PS4.

I bought this over a year ago and its still working as well as it did on the day we got it. The rubber on the directional pads is still intact unlike the one which came with the PS4!

I would recommend it and happy to purchase again if we need to.
on 5 January 2016
Purchased as an additional controller for multi player use. The PS4 controller is so much better than the PS3 version which seemed to creak and groan. Designed with a better grip handle which makes a huge difference. The L2 and R2 triggers are a lot more responsive. I really like the fact you can plug your ear phones in to the actually controller. No more wires!

Overall feels a more premium quality controller and is definitely more responsive. It’s a thumbs up from me!
review image
on 24 July 2016
Looks great, a nice change to the standard black pad and means I can easily distinguish between my two pads in my drawer and know which is charged or not.

The colour and material are of a standard that they won't discolour or get dirty/scratched easily which preserves the aesthetics of the pad.

I'd review it further but if you're looking at this you likely already have a PS4 pad and know how it feels to use it to play games and this one will be no different.
on 5 August 2016
I needed a new controller as my old one was very worn and almost past it. I opted for red purely because I fancied a change. at £42.99 it was a great price.

It came ready to use even had some charge. I'm sure its just because my old one is worn but this one seems like it is better made, much more solid.

Its worth noting that it does not come with the cable to connect to the PS4