Customer reviews

Kveikur
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 12 July 2017
A brave move by Sigur Ros. It would have been easy to stick to the well-tried formula, but the change in mood and direction on this album takes them a big step forward. There is plenty of great music on here, but a little less beauty and a bit more power and darkness than before. If it first comes as a surprise, keep listening and you will be amazed at the wonderful secrets in this release, A fine piece of music.
on 4 April 2017
I'm used to far calmer, almost ethereal and sweeping music from Sigur Ros so this was a big change! It rapidly became a firm favourite and as much as I love Takk and Med Sud etc, this is an album that gets played frequently and I don't think I have just one stand out track although 'Brennisteinn' is fantastic,

So if you love Sigur Ros but sometimes wish they were a little harder this may be the album for you!
on 28 January 2014
I couldn't say I have ever been a huge Sigur Ros fan, but I am familiar with their more well known work such as Svefn-g-englar, Hoppipolla & Njosnavelin (listen to them if you're unfamiliar with them!!), so this album probably was a bit of a toe in the water for me. But I was absolutely blown away by all of it & I fell in love with the album straight away (not something I am prone to do) & there is so much which is so good, particularly Brennisteinn, Ísjaki & Kveikur, simple but great drum beats, some really strange sounds that really fit & it has all the quality of just letting you drift off.

So how good is it really from someone who was a not really a fan? Well, I bought all their other albums based on this one, I am so pleased to have found something so very unique from a band who have been around for years & I have become a fan. Just buy it, you wont be disappointed.
on 14 January 2018
I like this very much. Sigur Ross are a fantastic band
on 11 October 2015
Sigur Rós return slimmed down with a bigger sound. Darkness and blinding light. Burning and iceburgs. What more could you want?
on 5 July 2014
Hmm, I like their music but this is not what I was expecting as should have done a little more research. I am now told that their first album is thought of as their best so I will now buy that. Great Icelandic band though with atmospheric music.
on 14 August 2017
Great
on 17 April 2014
It's Sigur Ros, but not as you know it. Gone is the Icelandic ambience music of Valtari, and in is an urban, or maybe volcanic grittiness. Simply brilliant.
on 8 August 2013
i'll be very short. This is great album. I was worried when they lost a well loved member of the band, but they did deliver and the sound + songs is simply awesome.
on 18 October 2013
Sigur ros move back to a more atmospheric and at times darker theme like a re-imagining of their 1st album Von