Colour: Grey|Change

on 7 October 2013
I did not purchase mine from Amazon (Costco), a number of factors make this Toaster stand out from the crowd, first and foremost, it makes great toast, the browning control knobs glow blue and when turned operate with a satisfying click, so settings cannot be accidentaly changed, if you want to stop the toasting cycle push this control and toaster stops and up pops the toast, extra wide items can be accommodated, and there is a defrost and Bagel facility. However my very favourite is the "Peek" facility which allows you to raise the contents and check on its progress without the machine turning off and interrupting your settings, so simple, pure genius. It is very easy to clean, Not only does it operate superbly, it also looks great on your worktop, you can buy coloured side panels, but sparkling Chrome does it for me. A quality item heartily recommended.
on 2 October 2015
This is a wonderful & stylish product. I've been amazed over the past 15 years that ALL TOASTERS ARE AWFUL. They do one side OK and then burn the other side, or don't bother to toast the other side at all. I mean, 'How hard can it be'? ....to make a toaster that simply 'TOASTS'? I've bought/owned around 20 and binned each and very one after about 9months for being unfit for purpose (Morphy Richards, Tefal, Breville, you've all failed me).
Decided that maybe spending a bit more might work and I am now the proud owner of THE BEST TOASTER ON THE PLANET. Take a bow 'Dualit Architect 4 slot'. You are the business.
I am a regular purchaser of Dualit, I like the designs and the robust quality build of Dualit products. I have owned my previous Dualit toaster for over 16 years and never once in that time did it fail me. Never once did I need to replace the elements! and that was continual use over a 16 year period. I didn't buy it new either, I bought it from a business that sold cafe products after cafe's had gone out of business and I bought it for £40 which was a lot for a 2nd hand toaster back then but it was and still is worth every penny I spent on it. So, why have I bought this one here that I am reviewing if my previous Dualit still works perfectly? Well, I now don't buy shop bought bread and make all my bread home-made with my Panasonic Bread Maker (which makes awesome bread by the way!) and the 'slots' on my previous Dualit are simply too narrow to cope with the thickness of home-made bread slices. I plan to sell that on eBay and some lucky person will get a great toaster that works perfectly with shop-bought bread. So, on to my new toaster - the Dualit Architect 4-Slot Toaster, Canvas White ....

Firstly, its design perfection, it looks really good in my kitchen. I like the look of premium appliances and this beauty fits in perfectly with my other appliances. Its sturdy, chunky and exceptionally well made. Sleek lines, sparkling chrome and a perfect white. As soon as it arrived this morning I unpacked and re-arranged my kitchen so that I could display it and use it to its best. I then cut 2 THICK slices of bread from my loaf and they fit in perfectly. The cages inside the slots close around your bread so whatever size you put it in them the slices are held securely. The slots are beautifully WIDE - a whopping 40mm *big smile* and will easily take Bagels. No more toasting Bagels under the grill in my oven which takes forever and uses so much more electricity. A favourite feature of mine of Dualit toasters is the 'look, see' facility. Simply lower the bar and the toast pops up so you can see if its done to your liking yet, if not, pop it back down. The controls are sturdy and work perfectly, the blue LED pretty! and my toast was toasted to perfection, even to the top of the slices. No burning and no missed bits. You can toast just two slices at a time and you only power the side that you are using if you are just making two slices. So, no waste of electricity powering the unused slots.

I am delighted and fully expect to have this toaster for the next 16 years. Dualit screams quality to me and once again I have not been disappointed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on 9 March 2014
I ordered this based on the Dualit brand. It looks great, but you can't do one slice and if you toast two slices, then put two more in the same slot without adjusting the temperature it can burn on the same setting. My only criticism is that the 'lift up' facility, hardly lifts up at all. So if toasting English muffins or waffles, you need to use tongs to remove them as they're hot and so is the metal surround and the lift up doesn't lift them enough to remove without burning your fingers. Has taken a while to get used to but love it.
on 26 July 2015
Great toaster. This was ordered to replace an old tefal which has only had 2 of it's four slots working for the last 5 years or so. The toasting is much more even than the old one and each subsequent slice not overdone with the last. The peek and look feature is excellent too. It also looks excellent in the kitchen.
on 15 August 2016
We bought this toaster to replace are 2 toaster Dualit and we are very happy. The best feature of it all is the check toast button. No more popping up and then putting back down again. You just slide up, check, and release without stopping.

I'm not entirely sure what the bagel button does. I bought some bagels just to try it out but it didn't seem to make much of a difference to the normal route.
review image
on 27 May 2015
Quite an industrial looking toaster but we love it and it fits in well with our kitchen design. Takes a bit of getting used to in terms of getting that right level of crispyness for our homemade bread but in the end well worth the money. Toasts evenly and a plus having the 4 slice version which means we can all have warm bread at the same time.
on 22 June 2015
Certainly looks the part - but mine started to blow the house fuses after just 4 months! The heating element had become distorted and was contacting the metal cage. It's not user reparable. Rang Dualit who told me to package it all up, write a full letter of explanation, enclose proofs of purchase and mail it back to them (and it turned out to be an expensive item to send as a parcel). Am awaiting the outcome .....
on 16 February 2015
I have been meaning to treat ourselves to a "decent" toaster for ages but have been putting up with the old one for far too long. This Dualit toaster is fabulous, it looks the part and it really does perform well . It is substantial and I think I will have this for years to come.
on 15 December 2015
Great toaster. Love how you can lift whatever you are toasting to view it without turning the toasting process off. Unfortunately, the first one we received was faulty and one side tripped the power out each time you used it. Replacement is great though (purchased elsewhere as no Anazon stock)