Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.14

on 12 June 2014
This book is a must read for anyone going through the rigours of nursing ,loving or caring for a person with Alzheimer's .Its a love story in its essence ,about a man who took his wedding bows to become as one flesh seriously .It shows how through his love of Christ he was able to love and keep Elsie his wife at home until the end .I have been humbled ,joyous and have cried over their plight.Alzheimer's is not for sissies is my conclusion .Here you have a man who gets Elsie the best care possible ,in Elaine and Sylvia the love of Christ shines ,they pray about each patient they walk with through the final stages of life and if God gives His blessing they proceed .With love and patience they walk Wes through the likely outcome of Elsie's illness.I couldn't put this book down and I'm sad its finished but one thing I know is it has enriched my life,I'm sure Wes and Elsie will stay with me for a long time .
on 17 November 2015
Wes Elsies husband wrote his book while enduring the very slow decline of his wife. What a lovely man, whilst feeling such sadness and pain his writings will have helped so many people who are in the same situation! What a marvellous husband, father, and grandfather! Well done Wes!
on 10 May 2014
I was expecting an insight into how someone feels when a person they love has Alzheimer's. Whilst I did get some understanding unfortunately it did feel like an opportunity to share was missed. You find out the difficulties but without the depth that could have been shared, especially for those going through the same experience.
on 12 August 2014
I feel privileged to have shared this view into the relationship shared by Wes and Elsie. It can be said that Wes was extremely fortunate to have the wherewithal and the two carers to help him make the end of Elsie`s life as good as it possibly could be. There will be many who envy him that when faced with that situation.
on 30 April 2014
Despite the story Wes is recounting, you can feel the love he has for his wife. I never want to have any member of my family face dementia...if I do, I hope I have the strength to face it as Wes did. A heart warming story and one I highly recommend.
on 9 May 2014
Great book would definitely recommend Alzheimer's is a horrible condition that takes away everything especially your precious memories ,I have worked with Alzheimer's patients and it is heartbreak to see someone affected by this cruel disease .Not only them but there loved ones having to watch there slow deterioration ,I have nothing but admiration for her husband who refused to give up on her
on 26 April 2014
I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's so read this book brought it all back to me. Elsie was so lucky to have such a loving husband and carers to look after her with such devotion and care. It's very humbling to hear that people like Elaine and Sylvia sit belong in this world .
on 11 May 2014
I am fortunate enough to have no first hand experience of Alzheimer's disease. This book provides a first hand perspective of how the condition affects both the person with the condition and their partners. It is beautifully written and I would recommend it to everyone.
on 11 May 2014
I read the story and cried. My mam has Alzheimer's and so much of the story was a reality for me. Mr Sullivan had real compassion and infinite patience and understanding. I understood his dilemma and knew why he made his choices. I am going to purchase a copy for my dad who is my mams carer, I think he will find some strength from the story.
on 4 May 2014
A poignant account of love and life. Having worked for many years with Alzheimer sufferers I was able to empathise with Wes and family. Having also experienced my own mothers journey through the condition I have greater respect for how my dad coped on a daily basis. Alzheimer's is hard for the sufferer and loved ones on so many different levels.