TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2014
I purchased the download option to be able to renew my current Norton 360 subscription - I just needed the code, and it worked a treat. Basically, another reviewer said, the product appears in your account under Software downloads. Mine took a while to appear there, but when it did the product code was displayed and that was all I needed. To renew directly would have cost me £60 - this way cost me £37, although it is annoying that the download was more expensive than having the disc posted out for £28. So if you already have Norton 360 and want to renew, this is a good way to do it - you just click on renew on your Norton 360 page and select the second option which is to enter a product code. Enter the product code from this Amazon download (no need to actually download anything) and your existing Norton 360 will renew and update - then just run Norton Live Update to get the latest updates. If you are a first time user, I would send for the disc - it is cheaper and from then on it will be easier to renew online, plus you have a disc to reinstall if you mess it up the first time. I wouldn't use anything else - we have used it for years and have two 3 PC licences over four computers (I keep two spare for when I'm doing up computers to sell). The one thing this has over all other Internet security, is the Tune up, which basically removes bad registry entries and it has never failed and is more reliable than other registry cleaners I find. Every time you install or uninstall software, bits get left behind in the registry (especially with Adobe products) and if I have ever had the computer doing weird things, I just run the Tune up, which will clear cookies, temporary files and do a registry scan if selected - and all is fine. Stress-free computing - it is worth every penny and never failed me (although not paying £60!)
on 10 November 2014
This scoring may be a little unfair as I find Norton 360 an ideal easy to use piece of software and would rate it as a 5* product. However, for the first time I decided to buy the download 3 user version (thought I'd do my bit to save the planet) but ended up having a hell of a job loading this on to my 3 machines. I needed on-line support each and every time. The staff were great but it was massively time consuming. The first time I contacted them to tell them I was having difficulties, I was helped step-by-step via remote access through the process and they sent a link to use that would make loading the software onto the 2 other machines a '2 minute doddle'. Of course, this was not the case. When installing Norton on to the second machine, I used the link ant it did indeed take me to where I needed to be but the menu options I had been told to use were not listed. I went back to online support and again, the staff member was great and helped me via remote access, step-by-step through the process. Great!! Machine no. 2 was protected. Again, I was assured that all was sorted and the 3rd and final machine would be 'so simple and straight forward'. Guess What???? NO IT WASN'T!!! Had to get online support to help me step-by-step via remote access and it was at this point we realised that the problem all boiled down to the fact that the email I registered at the time of purchase, contained one mis-typed digit too many. The email address Norton held as a contact for me did not match the purchase email I had entered. As this was only discovered whilst working on the 3rd machine - there was not point in changing it. Two things . . . 1. If you purchase the download version, be very careful when entering registration details and 2. I am going to go back to buying the disc - the planet will just have to take it on the chin.
on 1 October 2014
This is by far the cheapest and easiest method of renewing the yearly subscription if you are happy with the software in the first place. Here's how to do it hassle free:
Buy it through Amazon at less than half the price Norton are charging as a digital download (don't buy the disc format, it's a waste of time). Do not download or install anything (you already have the product on your PC/Laptop - You just need the licence for a years worth of protection/updates). Click 'download at a later time'. Now go to your product overview in your Amazon account. There you will find a tab saying 'get product key'. Write it down.
Now, open Norton 360 you already have on your desktop. If it was anything like mine, it will show red boxes saying you're not protected. Click 'Renew Subscription'. The following tab has a 'use activation code/product key' somewhere within it. Click that. Type in what you're written down within your Amazon account.... And there you go, a year's subscription for less than £30!
on 24 August 2014
I already had Norton 360 installed, and the renew would have been about £60. I bought this instead for £25, and (as suggested by a previous reviewer) did NOT download it, and instead just put in the activation code that was e-mailed to me by Amazon under "support" and "product key". A one year renewal was added to Norton 360, which I check with my online Norton Account profile. All in all, no fuss, easy to do, and a very large savings compared to the renewal via Norton's web site.
on 4 February 2014
What can I say. It dose all the tuning, protection and backup stuff, without any problems. It completely saved the day when my C drive failed (no data recoverable from the drive). Do shop around as a new copy will cost half the renewal price on the norton site, and you will just enter the product code in the renew process on your existing software. No need to download or install.
on 4 September 2014
Much cheaper than renewing with Norton via their subscription site and was quick and easy thanks to Bruce from London's review below on how to input the activation key. As he says, if you already have a previous copy installed and your subscription has just run out, don't download the product just go to Support - Enter Product Key on your Norton control panel and you should be able to copy and paste the activation code in straight from your Amazon email. Btw, this didn't appear to work first time I tried it and I think it was because I was already in the Norton site online looking for somewhere to put the activation code - make sure you don't have this site open. Shame on Norton for charging so much to their existing customers when this product is available elsewhere at half the price!

Thanks again Bruce!
on 6 October 2014
I bought Kaspersky a few months ago but found it killed my laptop, despite it being a decent spec (i5, 8GB RAM etc), after installing this the performance was abysmal. So I bought Norton as I've had that before, and viola, performance back to normal! It could have been a bad Kaspersky install, but I'm sticking with Norton for now. It does what its supposed to, but does it quietly in the background.
on 1 October 2014
The product itself is fantastic. I have used this for a few years now and I have had no problems. It keeps everything out and updates you when something tries to gain access. It gives you great confidence that it works. You can scan anything before opening it to check it is safe which is a great feature.

The only problem is that this is not the 2014 link when you buy as a download. I had to spend an hour trying to install before eventually a representative at Norton helped me out and got me the correct version. Just be aware this is actually version 20. Not 21. And 21.6 is the latest version.
on 23 June 2014
I have always used Norton products as I find them really good value and they do offer very good protection. However I did run into problems getting it to work with windows 8.1. Norton's online chat helpline was brilliant, customer service could not have been better. They managed to get mine sorted and up and running with no further problems, loading it onto another laptop which is running with Vista was really easy.
on 4 August 2014
I bought this product from Amazon because the price was much better than the price I was offered for an automatic renewal from Norton. However, I had problems getting it to work. It wouldn't automatically install and I had to uninstall the version I had before I could install this new one. Once I had installed it, I then had to contact Norton and get help from one of their technicians to actually get it working. And finally,the technician told me that this version was actually older than the version I had just uninstalled. He spent time loading an up-to-date version for me, so I'd give Norton customer service 5 stars if I could!