Size: Large|Colour: Orange|Change

on 12 November 2014
I have been using this Sub Sports DUAL compression gear for over a year now and it's excellent! It feels like a very tight squeeze a first when you put it on, but you get used to it. It has been perfect for jogging; keeping me cool, allowing me to jog in the rain without feeling heavily drenched and reducing wind resistance (it's much better than wearing a t-shirt that drags in the wind). You don't feel drenched in sweat either, as it wicks all the sweat away.

Some of you may be wondering whether to buy the SUB Sports DUAL or the Sub Sports COLD. I have both of these products, so I have attached a photo of them both and I have done a comparison.

Here's the comparison:
Sub DUAL Compression Gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Excellent compression
- Excellent fit (just buy your size. I'm size small so I bought a size small)
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- You feel the cold in winter weather (even after jogging for a while).
- Feels a little too tight when you first start wearing it, but you get used to it.

Sub COLD compression gear
Advantages:
- Lightweight
- Good fit
- Very warm a cosy, perfect for winter jogging!
- Can jog in the rain without feeling soaked
Disadvantages:
- Need to buy one size up, otherwise it will be too tight.
- Low compression due to going the next size up. It does have a tight fit when you go a size up, but you don't get that nice 'squeeze' that a compression gear should have.

Conclusion:
Both compression gears are great for jogging, but the COLD compression gear is better for winter weather. During the rest of the year, however, you're better off with the Sub Sports DUAL compression top. Don't get me wrong, you'll still be be warm in cold weather wearing the SUB Sports DUAL compression top, but in ice cold winter weather you'll really feel the breeze.

Buy the Sub Sports DUAL compression top for general jogging and running. Only in winter with ice cold weather will you need to get the SUB Sports COLD.

Attached is a picture showing you the insides of both the Sub Sports DUAL (on the right) and the Sub Sports COLD (on the left). The Sub Sports COLD has an extra fluffy layer on the inside of the top to keep you warm during the winter. Remember that if you decide to buy the COLD version, you need to go one size up. But if you're simply buying this product (Sub Sports DUAL) then just stick with your normal body size.
review image
on 2 June 2010
Bought this for under my golf shirt during the winter months,i have to say it does what it says on the tin,sizing good,not restrictive and best of all keeps you warm,overall excellent value.
This Sub Sports Baselayer Compression Long Sleeved T Shirt looks good and provides a firm level of compression. Despite its powerful compression it is very comfortable, non-sweaty and you don't feel the seams. I found this top is great to wear under a conventional shirt or sweatshirt as it keeps you warm and does seem to improve circulation plus makes you feel a bit sleeker.

I first ordered a black version which I was delighted with, however, I subsequently ordered a white one and felt that even from new it was a slightly dull white colour which made it look a bit old even straight out of the packet. In terms of sizing I'm a 40" chest and of average build but not tall and bought the large size - the fit is good for me although the sleeves/torso are also long enough to fit taller people than me.
on 10 March 2011
I've been very pleased with this item. I bought a size 2 sizes bigger than normal as advised by other reviews. ie Usually I would be a Small or Medium so I bought an X-Large. For me it fits perfectly as I didn't want TOO much compression. It is still skin-tight but not restrictive, and very comfortable. I wear it after training to keep warm and let the body recover. I think your choice of size will depend on just how tight you want it. For training in indoor gyms I wear something lighter like a vest, then wear this once done. I've been doing this for a couple of months and it is now a habit to put it in my kit-bag. I've also worn it for outdoor runs. After a few washes it appears to be well made, and looks to be a very good purchase. I bought a couple of similar tops from different companies but ended up sending them back as this was by far the best. The material feels slightly odd at first - feels very silky and shiny and can feel 'cold' to the touch at first - but you get used to that and I would highly recommend it.
on 21 December 2015
I've had this top for about a year now and it really had been a great item.
It fits very tight (as it should) you can expect to find it a bit strange to get into initially but once on it supports your body really consistently and does make a difference when exercising. I found it brilliantly warm in windy or cold weather and it has found a second life as underclothes when running or cycling in the winter.
It also does a great job doubling up as a figure enhancer.
One of my concerns was that it would smell after a while but having used and abused it for a year now it still smells of laundry conditioner and hasn't picked up any body odour (remember this is gym/exercise wear). You need to wash it of course.
I'll be getting a couple more and probably try out the leggings too.
on 14 August 2014
Bought this for winter running as an extra layer. I'm 6ft, 42" chest, 34" waist, and the large fits perfectly. It looks small when you hold it up, but it stretches and gives good compression as a result, while staying comfortable and without riding up or chafing. Compared to the prices of some other brands i would definitely recommend this product. Excellent value.
on 28 November 2014
Good quality, warm and high wicking, not much else to say about them really. The only notes that I would make is that whilst they are expected to be a snug fit, I would add that they also come up on the small side even when considering the sizing guide.
on 24 May 2014
I bought this for my son who loves it. He is usually a S/M, and the L fits him well. However, despite washing this in a delicate cycle at just 30 degrees, the logo has gradually peeled off. He probably hasn't even noticed, but I suspect others might and it does look rather shabby. The fabric itself has retained its colour and shape well though.
on 15 May 2013
I was struggling with finding a top I could wear that would let me cool properly. T-shirts were too warm, and I ended up training topless. I tried this and am delighted, it wicks heat away quicker than anything and it has the added benefit of the compression affect which is seemingly letting my muscles recover much quicker. They're def not as sore or tight anymore. Oh and it looks pretty cool too! The tight fit makes you look like batman! I'll be getting more and training all the time in them. I got the size that was right for me (didn't go size smaller as advised by other reviews). Fits fine.
on 27 July 2015
So, since i stopped playing rugby i had a few tops that were really good under my kit, and found these useful for fitness. Unfortunately all the branded products cost a fortune, however these provided a suitable alternative. I bought a few so i could rotate them during the week. Recently took up spin classes and these were great as they allow the sweat to wick away from your body and thus allowing you to go further where otherwise you'd be uncomfortably drenched in sweat. It is a little tight, but provides great support, i'm usually a Large and opted for an XL