on 26 November 2013
REMY by Katy Evans
5 stars!!!

"I imagine stripping her, effing her, then kissing and petting her all night until the sun appears. And then I imagine the look on her face when I tell her I'm bipolar"

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Remy's #1 Fan. Katy Evans really did a number on me when she brought him into my life. I felt an instant connection to this broken man, who was actually perfect to me. Yes he may have been Bipolar, but he never let it define him, he made a career for himself, turning his weaknesses into strengths, he made himself a better person and made the most of the shit hand that he was dealt. But he deprived himself of the one thing that he needed the most, and that was love. He was a man that was desperate to be loved, and not just the alter ego that he made for himself, he wanted to be loved for Remington Tate, the bi-polar sufferer, he wanted to be loved warts and all and that is what he found when he found Brooke Dumas.

I desperately wanted to get into Remy's head and was so happy when Katy said that she was going to write a book from his POV. I was also worried, so many male POV's have been written poorly and totally spoiled the character for me, so I did go into this a little bit apprehensive. However, Katy totally did Remy proud. He was exactly how I had imagined, the writing was full of emotion only making you connect to Remy even more if that was even possible. Yes there is scenting and licking which some like and some don't but it is REMY, it is who he is, what he does, he was a lion looking for his mate.

You never really fully understood just how insecure Remy was in REAL, but you felt it in REMY. He didn't want to put himself in the position of any vulnerability because he never knew how he would cope with the rejection. We find out, that when Remy gives himself, he gives himself completely and he needed to make sure that Brooke wasn't going to reject him when he let his intentions be known. That rejection would have destroyed him. He may have been strong on the outside, he may have been a wall of muscle, well built and well defined, perfectly toned but his heart was a fragile muscle that could have easily been torn to shreds and he needed to protect it because once it was shredded, he was sure there would be no repair.

"You'll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you'll leave me with nothing - when I want you like I've never wanted anything in my life. You're all I think about, dream about. I get high and low and it's all about you now, it's not even about me anymore. I can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate worth shit anymore, and it's all because I want to be the effing `one' for you, and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a effing mistake."

My heart broke several times in this book, usually when Brooke leaves him and you feel all the pain, hurt, confusion, emotion and total and utter devastation pouring out of Remy. This book covers REAL and MINE from Remy's POV and a bit extra, so we know what happens in so far as story but it doesn't get old. Even though I have read REAL literally dozens of times and I know the story like the back of my hand, this never felt old. It was refreshing to get his POV, it gave me a whole new understanding of REAL and enabled me to gain a whole new perspective, a more emotional perspective. It also made me get even angrier with Brooke...

I can ooze and gush about this until the cows come home but I will let the book speak for itself. It is brilliant, it is perfect, it is Remington "Riptide" Tate all over. High five to Katy Evans you did our guy proud. I am really sad now though as this is the end, I just hope that we can bribe Katy to keep writing, there must be some more goings on we can dream up for our Remy. I for one am not ready to let him go, he really has captured a place in my heart.
5 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 27 November 2013
4 out of 5, but only because I wanted and expected more from this book, its more or less like reading the other books written previously, from his POV which is more or less the same as what I have already read !Katy Evans has kept it pretty fresh in some chapters and full of emotion. just felt to me like too much of the conversations are mirrored. It didnt give much depth in to his past or his ''black side'' What was important for his part was during his split from Brooke he has dark moments, and when he leaves her in Seattle, these are the parts that should have been added in depth, how he coped, yet it didnt, it felt vague and skimmed over! I thought we were really going to get into his head and how he feels etc, i felt let down there.
Its still a good read, its well written I love KATY EVANS, she has a fantastic writing style, i look forward to reading more of her releases: Im in love with Remington Tate <3
|0Comment|Report abuse
I loved Real and Mine, this book was a slight disappointment for me which is why I gave it four stars unlike its predecessors. The book missed Remy's pov covering their separation when Brooke was put on bed rest and was away from Remy, when Brooke turned up after she's had enough of bed rest to see Remy fight, his black/blue state regarding the hospital treatment, and after they came home married. Those scenes captured my love and heart for these two amazing characters, and I wanted to be exposed to his thoughts on these missing parts which were just as important to feel. I loved Remy as he was so in love with Brooke and he proved that he would do anything for her, so possessive! (if only we could all find a Remy lol!) I still loved this book as I was totally absorbed with these characters, I just felt like it was abit rushed towards the end and I wanted to read more about them as a family with Racer, so I was left craving for more!
on 25 February 2014
This was absolutely fantastic , Remy is the sweetest, romantic man. Even if he dud take ages to take Brooke.

Really enjoyed reading Remy's point of view. There were times when you wanted to bash some sense into him, and even though we knew the story, it still had me on the edge willing them to be alright. His bipolar episodes were really sad, to see how he handled it all, also had me thinking that Riley and Pete used the sedative too freely.

I loved how protective and possessive he was, although we got how possessive he was in Brookes POV. Loved how he dealt with Scorpian, and how he treated those around hin, he was surrounded by people eho really loved him afterall his parents were never there for him.

The proposal was perfect for them, they both got everyghing they truly deserved, both really lovely people,
on 15 January 2014
Oh my God
Sweet Jesus
This book

Remy (the real series) #3

REMINGTON RIPTIDE TATE.........

Remy is back with his perspective of the two books together (real and mine) and if you can really believe it it's even hotter and better.
Loved it loved it loved it
What more can I say?
Katy if your reading this.... The Remy and Brooke trilogy was super duper fantastic and HOT as fire
Phew
Addictive is not thee word.
Just wish it wasn't the end of Remy and Brooke.

But do not fear.....Katy is back "with rouge (the real series) #4
It's melanies story (Brookes crazy friend) and her new love interest.
Can it be just as exciting?
Yep can't wait to read it
Would recommend this book
on 26 November 2013
One of the very best trilogies I've ever read. Initially didn't really appeal to me. How wrong can a person be. The story kept you gripped, written so well and so heart felt. It will take you on a roller coaster of emotions and the way Katy describes the characters amazing.Definitely recommend the series You must read Real and Mine first to appreciate how good an author she is and how well the books gel together BRILLIANT
3 people found this helpful
on 2 December 2013
So this book starts off fab....so much in Remy' s head that I loved. And considering we know what's going to happen that's hard. I think because Remy is such closed book it's almost like a fresh book.

HOWEVER it's like there is it a small book 2, loads of Remy' s side is just not there like how he copes without Brooke whilst she is on bed rest. The bit I am most upset that's missing is Remy' s depression after his parents visit before his final title fight. I so wanted to hear his thoughts in this dark place and what it meant when Brooke kept talking to him and cuddling him. Shame.

Still really good book.
on 4 December 2013
I was looking forward to this second book having loved the first. I am sad to say it was so repetitive and didn't hold my attention like the first. Loved the characters but there was more scope from the writer to go into certain issues in more depth as it was told from Remy's pov what about issues with his parents? opportunities were missed. The book was ok, but you're not missing much if you just read the first book. I like the style of writing so would read other books by the author.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2017
If yon love the first two this is wher you will loose you mind .
Remy made me fall more in live with him than I thought possible .
God knows how .
How life can change , I thinks you didn't want become things u need
on 15 March 2014
wow is exactly how to describe this book. when I read real and mine, I loved them but this book from Remy's perspective just blew me away. I had this book in my library for a few months, not ready to let go of these characters just yet but I couldn't put it off any longer. if you haven't read this series yet go get it you won't be disappointed. Remy is a one in a million character which is pretty hard to come by these days, he's up there with the best the Christian Grey's, the Gideon cross's, the kellan Kyle's.