on 20 July 2017
Great comic book. Much thicker with far more content than I was expecting. More like an annual
on 13 September 2015
I've always planned on reading HellBlazer (John Constantine), I've seen Him in Sandman, I saw the Film, But the TV show was what finally convinced me to get Original Sins.

Now if the TV show was a 5 This is most definitely a 10, The colors, The Writing, The political atmosphere and commentary in the back ground and one Hell of a character

I am now continuing to Book 2
Hellblazer: The Devil You Know Volume 2

and have ordered all 11 of the remaining new edition release, Yes it was that good.

occult detective fiction at its finest and One Hell of a damaged main Character.
on 7 January 2015
Worth it for the early parts, especially the late '80s UK social commentary. Yuppies as soul trading bankers from hell - ouch. Some of the middle stories are a bit flaccid and the swamp thing tie in at the end was incomprehensible to me as I'm not a mega fan. Still, enjoyable.
on 3 April 2017
While I actually did not buy this trade for the simple reason that I own the first fourty plus issues already, I felt the need to write a review simply to urge more people who have not yet read any of the Hellblazer comics, especially the earlier ones, to give them a try. This trade is a fabulous starting point.

Those who know the brilliant NBC show that was lamentably not renewed after its initial first season, will find the first story, featured in issues one and two, very familiar. This is the original version of "A Feast of Friends". While the episode was amazing, it is worth reading the comic simply to see the changes that have been made to the story, one in particular that I thought was fascinating regarding Gary. Also included is "Waiting for the Man", set in Liverpool and not in New Orleans like in the show. Another thing that should be mentioned is the fact that Hellblazer was created in the glory days of graphic novels like "V for Vendetta", "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Crow". Hellblazer is dark, cynical,gritty, black humoured and political which might come as a surprise for people who only know the movie and/or television show. Give Hellblazer a spin....it is a HELL of a ride.
on 20 April 2017
Amazing book and great seller. I totaly recomend them.
on 16 June 2017
The package arrived one week early than they said and it was undamaged. I'm very satisfied and thankful
on 4 July 2013
I was introduced to Constantine via Alan Moores epic Saga of the Swamp Thing. I wanted to find out more about this complex character and this was the obvious place to start. It hasn't let me down. A great read with some fantastic art. I'll definitely be adding further Hellblazer volumes to my collection.
on 3 February 2014
This is the first of the collection of comics, from the john constantine's hellblazer series. this graphic novel groups issues 1 - 9. First off to those of you that have seen the film, the graphic novels are a little different and more out there. This John Constantine is a scouse, chainsmoking flirt and a lot more cocky then he is in the movie. always trying his luck pushing for a bit more. i instantly warmed to the character of constantine, and instantly got sucked into his world of magic, blags and smoky rooms.
100% recommend
on 2 September 2017
Enter the dark and twisted world of Constantine. The John Constantine. A wonderfully illustrated world which shows the real and twisted nature of all who reside within. A strong and clear message while throwing you off the edge of the world into the sordid realms of hell. Well worth a read but have something cheerful on standby as they don't hide the tortured souls of this world.
on 15 January 2017
I haven't watched the Constantine movie or TV series. I've only ever seen his character in a Justice league crossover event, and his cameo in CW's Arrow. That was enough to get me intrigued, so my girlfriend bought me this for Christmas.
I'll get the Pros done first. The stories are great, most of them are different from what I have expected. There's also an underlying theme in them as well. Most of them don't have a happy ending. Sometimes he doesn't defeat the monster. When he does its at a great cost.
Constantine is a very different character than what I expected, and he is a bit different from the traditional anti hero. A bit of a coward sometimes but it isn't short of how most of us would react.

The cons are mostly the format of the book and the issues inside. First which is a bit of a pet peeve, the covers for each issue are at the back rather than the start of each issue. I prefer to have and obvious separation between each issue, rather than a small box at the end of the panel that says "end".
Then there can be a switch in order of dialogue. Sometimes you read down the page, sometimes you read across the two. It's not always clear which order it comes in.

Over all this is a great read, I would highly recommend it. Just watch out for the panel orders!