on 6 December 2013
Wow! A waste of my time. Absolutely nothing to get excited about. No content at all, don't get dragged in.
on 27 June 2013
A good read with a main character that is well set up for future cases. An easy to read style of writing.
on 9 May 2014
This is pure, daft enjoyment that takes me back to another age - and it's all the better for that. Roger Hurn writes with humour, an eye for detail and the type of cheeky characterisation that is essential for this kind of light-hearted-with-grit novella. Don't expect anything profound, moving or dull: this is a cheeky crime romp with sass and it's damn fine.
on 2 January 2016
Another exciting story about P.I Ryan Kidd. I've read four other short novels by this author and find them very addictive. This one, I think, is the first in the series, not that it matters as the tales don't continue where the last one ended. It's fast paced, and if you're looking for something that's not to heavy you might also find enjoyable.
on 25 February 2017
I really enjoyed this novel, fast moving and exciting read. Would make a great movie or TV adaptation. The characters are excellently drawn and established and the setting is professionally described. I look forward to reading more from this great author
on 26 March 2014
Ryan Kidd is an interesting character and the story draws you into a world of intrigue which fans of this genre will love. I don't usually read crime fiction, but this book, and in fact the whole series, has captured my imagination.
VINE VOICEon 26 October 2016
A really great read, full of snappy (and very witty dialogue) and brilliant character sketches. The action and intrigue don't let up and you find yourself totally caught up in the momentum of the story.
on 5 July 2013
Really enjoyed this book. I got quickly absorbed into the storyline and found it very hard to put down. Characters are really well portrayed and the use of simile is fantastic. Great read
on 5 July 2013
Reading the brief on this book I thought it would have me enthralled but it went down like a damp squib.
on 6 September 2013
Quite an entertaining book light hearted but captivating. When I started it didn't think I would finish it but I did and enjoyed it.