on 27 December 2016
Much as I love these toothbrushes, it is becoming too costly to keep buying them. This is (or was) my third Sonicare and each one has not lasted more than 36 months. Two of them, this one included died at 28 and 30 months.
Philips should make it more affordable for us to keep our custom.
I shall have to look for a cheaper alternative. Sterline looks good
on 18 January 2015
Got this as a replacement for our old braun oral b one that had died.
I had always thought there probably wasnt much difference between the two brands.

I am so pleased I went for the Sonicare as I feel it leaves my teeth cleaner than the Oral B did. There are 3 different programmes, clean, whiten and gum care. The whiten setting, it buzzes ( vibrates) more and can be a bit annoying but it is fine really. Bit of extra to whiten your teeth I expect. The gumcare setting, goes on for an extra program after the standard 2 minutes, it changes after 2 minutes to a gentler buzz, where you massage the brush over your gums. I have found that my teeth and gums are cleaner, and my gums do not bleed with this toothbrush.

If you press too hard, it makes a different buzz, so you know to lighten the pressure in order to avoid damaging your gums, this is very useful for me.

My dentist was set on only recommending oral b toothbrushes and products, when I told her about my new Phillips she basically told me it wasn't as good. However my gum health has improved. I did notice that all the notelets that she wrote on for me were Oral B, so I wonder if she is sponsored to some degree by Oral B?

Anyway, best toothbrush I have ever had.
The only downside is that replacement heads are harder to find than oral B, you can find them, so thats ok, but they are not as prolific.
on 21 November 2016
The toothbrush is excellent when new but the batteries dont last that long , that said Im on my third brush bought over a period of years
on 17 May 2017
Great toothbrush - sadly it completely died after 26 months. Won't charge at all. Called Philips - they suggested getting a new toothbrush.
on 1 November 2016
When it worked i twas great however stopped after 24 months.
on 11 October 2016
Died after 15 months. Second sonicare I have bought to do this.
on 16 October 2016
Stopped worlking after15 months therefore I'm not too impressed. Great when it was working however it was a bit pricey for only the short amount of time I got some use out of it.
on 23 February 2017
Product failed after just over 2 years - seems to be battery issue but cannot replace it easily - very disappointed
on 18 July 2017
This lasted x 2.5 years, in a house with 3 users twice per day. Its a good product as we have had no gum disease since buying but i would have thought it should have lasted 5 years.
on 23 August 2014
I treated myself to this when it was on Deal of the Day for sixty-eight quid, and I am so glad I did. In the promo video one of the people says this gets your teeth "ridiculously clean". She's not wrong!

It's really easy to use, and does a cracking job. I am now a full convert and won't ever go back to a manual brush.

I have not had any serious dental issues as I take reasonable care of my teeth, but recently I have started to develop a couple of sensitive spots. These sensitive spots persisted despite me using enamel repair toothpaste/mouthwash. After just FOUR DAYS with this new brush the sensitive areas disappeared altogether. I did not encounter any of the gum bleeds during the initial week of use which some users report. I also noticed a significant lightening in the shade of my teeth, and the gradual removal of some dark stains which accumulated when I was a smoker.

One thing that surprised me is just how brief a two minute brushing period is when you have a device like this to time it for you. I had always believed that I was under-brushing, but as it turns out time compresses when you use a manual brush. I found you have to be quite nippy with this thing to hit every surface. It does such a thorough job though that you can move it around the mouth much more quickly than you might expect.

The blurb says the InterCare heads remove six times more plaque than manual brushing (why then is the DiamondClean system more expensive when those heads only remove twice as much plaque?). Having flossed manually after using the brush I am inclined to believe that blurb. Virtually nothing came out using dental floss, and an interdental brush only lifted small amounts of matter shortly after eating. The incredibly clean feeling apparently really does come from the teeth being incredibly clean!

If you are coming from a manual toothbrush, I would recommend taking the plunge. I really doubt that you will have any regrets.