on 17 May 2015
I enjoyed the first book, but thought this book was too cheesy and just a bit boring. Yes there was some action but Emma was one minute a damsel and the next a fighter, not in my opinion a strong person. I also don't like trio relationships. Emma wants Kade but is drawn to Ethon, yet she cant make her mind up who she wants. Yet she goes on about how much she wants Kade. I just don't get it. Not sure if I can be bothered to read the next book.
on 3 December 2017
Omg I had tears 😭 in my eyes I love kade such a breathtaking adventure and brilliant love
on 12 July 2014
I have given this book a 5 star review, I deliberated on whether to keep it at a 4 star as when I first started reading this series I saw potential but didn't feel connected to the characters, but in this book Emma has begun to grow up and stepped into the role that she has found herself in - She has become more believable and although she still has doubts on whether she can step up to the challenges she has to face.
She has faith in her guardians so in turn finds the courage to step up to the quest ahead of her. Ms Renae's writing style is easy to follow, this story flowed well and I have spent this weekend happily engrossed in the book, The 5 gates of Hell which Emma, Samuel, Daniel and Kade have to negotiate are imaginative and the fight scenes are descriptive and had my imagination engaged.

Kade - the love interest in Book 1 Hidden Wings has a new challenge to deal with, and Emma is dreaming of Red Eyes that she is drawn too... All intriguing details that keep the romance in the tale twisting and turning as the book progresses.

I am glad I have book 3 to read - and I will be grabbing it tomorrow as I want to know which side Emma will choose... I also have a feeling regarding the original owner of Emmas Sword and I am very curious to see if I am correct in my suspicions. Again I love the book cover - and I think I will have to get this set in Paperback form (Hopefully SIGNED!)
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite***
on 21 April 2014
Cameo Renae has done it again! Broken Wings is the sequel to Hidden Wings, the first book in a wonderful series. This book was absolutely wonderful, and full of adventure. I love how the storyline evolved, and the development of the characters from the first book.

The storyline was once again nice and fast-paced, as well as descriptive. The story was adventurous and very interesting to read. I love the many action scenes brought to us in this book. There was also a lot of OMG moments, keeping you hooked.

I liked how the characters develop throughout the story, especially from the first book. There is a lot going on, and a definite change in the characters.

The end of Broken Wings is absolutely crazy, and leaves a HUGE cliffhanger. I am definitely looking forward to reading Tethered Wings. This was such a good book. There were so many shocking events, and I loved it. I have to give this book 5 out of 5 stars!
on 17 June 2013
When I first started reading the first of the series I wasn't too sure. Her wonderful guardian Kade seemed too perfect, and they fell in love waaayy to quickly. I also found it a bit predictable. It all changed in this book though.

First, they travel through the 5 layers of hell, forced to fight against the guardians to reach their destination! I loved this. I really loved how Emma stepped up and began to be the bad ass, independent heroine i wanted her to be. Also, many people are saying about how they hated the love triangle. I usually hate books with the slightest hint of romance, especially love triangles. However, although Kade is sweet, I like this new lad in her life. I love a bad boy!
on 19 July 2013
I loved this book. It contains lots of action as Emma is on a mission to find Lucifer to get him to help her kill Lucian.
This book contains twists that make you want to know what will happen next.
Kade and Emmas relationship grows but like every relationship nothing is plain sailing and there is something that throws a spanner in the works.
I highly recommend this book series to everyone and I cannot wait until the next book has been released
on 12 August 2013
I love this book so much !!
The descriptions of the five levels of hell were so well written that I felt like I was actually there. Each guardian of the gates surprised me with new cunning powers and skills that were forever challenging for the group.
I would recommend this book to teens and hope that others have as much fun reading this series as I have !!
I just hope that another book will come out to follow up this one.
on 29 July 2013
Again this was too short and I think the lack of detail in parts made this, for me, only four stars. It could have been utterly stunning as it's a fantastic storyline but it seemed rushed in parts that for me should have been more detailed e.g. Emma's feelings and her changing attitude as she goes through the five gates of hell.
I only hope that the next is longer.
on 3 December 2013
Another awesome addition to this series. Each book gets better than the last.This book is a great read! You can't put it down! If you like a good love story with a twist then you will get stuck on this series.If you like books with angels or Nephilim. Darklings.you will love this
on 15 July 2013
really good read emma is traveling through hell with her dad and i was shocked towards the end i actually gasped when i read it i was like no way i wont spoil it by saying what happens but i now cant wait for the next one i have to find out how this will pan out