Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.50

on 27 April 2017
I really enjoyed this book, and also it's sequel ''Diary of a Witchcraft Shop 2'' There are some very funny anecdotes, and if you're into the witchy pagan scene, then you're in for a treat.
on 30 December 2011
I'm rather surprised this book hasn't had more reviews yet. But I am more than happy to leave the 1st.
I downloaded this primarily as I had looked for a book on witchcrat or druidry to try on my new Yule gift.
What a hoot! I found myself nodding & laughing along with various parts. (We have all come across our fair share of crazy making!)

The descriptions of the celebrations and different ways they are kept was inspiring too.

I will be recomending this book to my witch and druid friends, and also a few shop keepers!

My only question, what happened to the "Pan Drum" ;p
on 18 April 2012
This book is an absolute delight. What could appear to be a limited subject, snippets of life running a shop in Glastonbury, is in fact a life-affirming, wry, intuitive and fascinating account of modern life. Glastonbury is a vivid, multi-faith, tourist magnet in Britain's beautiful West Country. Authors, academics and witchcraft shop owners Liz Williams and Trevor Jones are wise, down to earth, kindly and deeply spiritual people yet no push over for fools and egotists.
This book made me smile with recognition such as Liz's attitude to cooking Christmas puds , shake my head sadly at the behaviour of some people and laugh out loud....usually a tale involving one of their cats or dogs.
A book as intriguing, quirky, magical and yet normal as Glastonbury itself.
on 25 August 2012
This was a great book, I really enjoyed it.
This is exactly the sort of wee shop that I would like to have one day.
I especially loved the bit where the owner comes back to find a customer locked in the shop with one of the dogs :)
The local idiosyncrasies were gently mentioned without malice or spite but with amused tolerance.
I really enjoyed that the authors were not wide-eyed and gullible 'new agers' but sensible folk who happened to have a witchcraft shop.
on 22 January 2013
As in the title, an interesting meandering of information that is not particularly about a witchcraft shop. Lots of driving about visiting friends and aquantainces intersped with pub lunches. That said, if you like to read about everyday stuff - its somewhat interesting and some small smiles (and even a chuckle) may pop up, but if you are looking for something more about witchcraft or running a business within that premis, then you will not find it here! Pretty disappointing as I had expected more along the witchy theme , given the books title - perhaps a less misleading title would have been simply ' I live in Glastonbury but like to travel' . Passed the day tho, so not entirely without merit!
on 14 August 2012
I bought this for my kindle as it looked interesting (I'm a Pagan, and knew and still miss Manchester's equivalent of the shop Liz and Trevor run in Glastonbury). It's so so true! Liz gives us a down-to earth and humour-filled look at life running a witchy shop in Glastonbury's hippy haven. It's really cool to read about actual people I know, those bits are funny, because they're so real.
Recommended most highly to anyone with an interest in things Pagan and Witchy.
on 13 September 2012
Absolutely wonderful book, I loved reading it.
Extremely entertaining stories about life in the Cat & Cauldron shop and in and around Glastonbury itself.
I found myself laughing at the silliness of the human race and nodding in total agreement to the views and opinions put forward.
Well worth a read, especially if you know Glastonbury but also if you don't - it gives you an honest approach to how mad this very special village truly is.
on 25 August 2012
Having lived near Glastonbury for a number of years I am fortunate enough to be able to picture both the inside & outside of the aforementioned shop(s). This book can be read on different levels - the reader is left to choose. On one hand it is full of amusing anecdotes, many of which evoke the feel of Glastonbury, on the other there are insights into British paganism in the 21st century. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 30 December 2012
Throughout the book, there were amusing anecdotes, various points on a Wiccan calendar,discussed in regular English, and other incidents in daily life that are all pretty regular, their lives unfold just as other people' s lives unfold, nothing weird or particularly strange. Trevor & Liz have had some unfortunate health problems,,amongst normal types of ups & downs, just like most of us do. Wether you believe in Wicca, druidry, magic &spells or not,the book gives you an interesting snapshot of the way this delightful lady has chosen to live with the in's & outs of her everyday life in an easy to read diary, without boring the reader with intimate detail, but enough information to answer most outsider' s queries & questions. I Wish her every success & good health in the future.
on 26 December 2012
I bought this because I love Glastonbury and before ill health curtailed my driving I used to enjoy 3 - 4 little holidays a year there. I know both the shops the author owns and have met her and Trevor plenty of times - only as a customer amongst 100s, I don't know them otherwise. They are both very friendly and so it was just nosiness really that made me want to read the book - to see a little behind the scenes.

The book didn't disappoint me and I liked finding out a little more about how the glastonbury shopowners feel about the town and the visitors. I only wish someone would drive me down there again so I can spend a happy day shopping and eating and then resting in the Goddess Temple.