on 15 July 2013
I had been looking forward to reading this book ever since I finished all the prequels and boy was I not disappointed , this book has taken a fairy tale and completely turned it on its head whilst introducing characters that fitted right in that maybe the reader won't be expecting. Well done Cameron for a fantastic read I can't wait for the next one .
on 14 June 2013
When I first read 'The Grimm Diaries Prequels' I thought oh no its a cheesy fairytale where everyone is a vampire?! But I thought no these are short stories and its always best to read past the first few chapter to give it a chance, not everyone could be a vampire? Well I was right to give it the chance it deserved because I've read all the prequels and have just read 'Snow White Sorrow' within in a matter of weeks on my kindle.

I can honestly say that I haven't been as gripped (as in cant put the book down) in a series of stories since reading Harry Potter, which I would say is a massive compliment to the author Cameron Jace. Although, I have to say the only thing that has let it down a little is the editing, where typos have been missed and double words. I would have tagged them all but found there were too many, and I knew what it was supposed to be so carried on reading.

Anyway, back to the 'Snow White Sorrow' Jace is very good at making you think you know what is going on, and the suddenly he surprises you with another fact and your in utter shock that you missed it. I will not reveal any giveaways because anyone reading this review should be reading it for themselves. If you have already considered reading the books reviews then you know deep down using you "chanta" that you want to read it. ("chanta" will be understood if you read it so please do).
Even though I have read the prequels and this one I want to read them all again to see where all the clues where that lead to the final.

Can not wait for the next one in the series with Cinderella (as well as read the originals from Brothers Grimm and the historical facts mentioned by Jace in the stories.) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
on 1 June 2013
From the first time I've seen the prequels come by in my "recommended" list, I've been hooked. Cameron Jace is an extraordinary writer if it comes to clever connections, interesting points of view and a story so well written it is amazing! All your favourite characters of the Grimm fairy tales (and some others) pay a visit in the prequels and I have been waiting very patiently for this first book to come out.
This book is amazingly well written. If you're from America, you're in for a twist because not everything is as you're used to in this story. In this story you meet Loki Blackstar, a dreamhunter who is going on an incredible adventure. As I do not want to say too much in case I accidentally do a "spoiler" I will just say this:
If you LOVE a well written story, that has multiple levels, clever thought out plots, is unpredictable, exciting to read, really good connections made with rhymes and history in the real world as we know it and with an incredible depth to the characters in it, my suggestion is to ABSOLUTELY GET THIS BOOK!

I read it in one day and I loved it. I do really suggest to read the prequels as well since they will bring more depth to this story, but dont worry if you haven't read those or want to read them after, you will still be able to understand exactly what is going on ;)
on 18 August 2013
Feels like you are almost
Reading a historical accurate document while being a great interpretation of the classic fairy story. Who needs a happy
Ever after anyway.
on 3 June 2013
Snow White Sorrow will whisk you away to a Fairytale world that you would never imagine, it will change your view on Fairytales forever! The plot is unique and there are so many twists and turns in the story that make Snow White Sorrow so exciting you will not want to put it down!

I personally fell in love with the main Protagonist Loki and I am sure you will too, his growth throughout the story keeps you hooked and wanting him to succeed in all of his trials and endeavours.
The way in which Jace has created this world in where Fairytales are never what they seem, shows great imagination and originality. I thoroughly enjoyed SWS and would greatly recommend this story to everyone, it was a fantastic read.

I would also recommend reading The Grimm Diary Prequels aswell, they are a selection of short stories based around some of the characters that will pop up in the main series and shed a light on some of the back stories of the characters, giving you a sneak peak into the world Jace has created. Very excited about further stories coming up in the main series.
on 7 December 2014
A really great book, with more twists than a road up a cliff. A linear storyline following one main character, without jumping off on distracting side trips. There is a wonderful sense of wit behind the writing, not showing as much in humorous scenes (although there are a few), as in clever references to other sources in popular culture. Well, certain types of popular culture. Over the last two or three centuries. Some of these references are made quite obvious, most aren't. I am wondering how many I missed. (And feeling glad tomorrow is Sunday so I can sleep in!)
As I mentioned, this book covers one popular "fairy story" however book 2 covers a completely different one. It is an interesting way of using the multitude of various Brothers Grimm tales, without hopping between characters within one book, which would need to be much larger. It will be interesting to see how the story develops in book 2 and later (as there seem to be a fair few more planned), how these various stories will work when woven together. In essence, how they will each become a chapter of one, very, big book.
on 20 August 2013
If you love fairy tales then you will love these books looking at Snow White and all Grim characters from a different point of view .. my 9 year old son is now reading it and loving it as well ... would recommend that you read the prequels as lovely quick short reads and gives you back ground on the different characters.
Can not wait to start Cinders .....
on 28 June 2014
This story is very unique, and I adored it with my whole heart, I fell in love with the characters especially Loki Blackstar.
Lately I have found it hard to find a good book, but this book kept me turning the pages, I could not stop reading it. It is a great book.
I enjoyed it from start to the end, and had to buy the next book in the series immediately, which is equally as good, but a little more emotional and touching.
I would recommend this book to teenagers and young adults, I doubt that many other authors have considered writing what Cameron Jace has written.
I loved it! Awesome book.
on 31 July 2013
Easy to read, good fun and clever that the characters names aren't quite what you remember from bedtime stories. I love a twisted fairy tale :)
on 20 August 2013
Well written and full of fun. Definitely worth reading for the bargain price. Looking forward to the next in the series.