on 13 October 2016
Just what I expected, cheaper than retail stores
on 16 January 2014
Bought this remote for my husband as a Christmas present after we purchased a new LG smart telly a few months earlier. Works well, looks stylish and isn't too heavy either. My husband loves it as the use of the smart telly is easier with it.
on 6 January 2014
it makes life so much easer , I can not recommend this enough LG should charge a little bit more and give you this remote with the tv
on 23 March 2016
Dont work with my smart tv LG 49UF640V
One person found this helpful
on 12 December 2013
Easy to install and use make all functions of tv to really Smart tv does all controls faster than conventional remote.
on 6 July 2013
Easy to install but very overpriced. USB lead too short. Instructions could be more comprehensive. Five more words not really required.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 July 2013
This didn't come with my new LG 3D TV, but I managed to get one as the retailer I bought it from said it was included and demo'd it to me before I bought the TV. So I have one but didn't pay for it - although there was a rigmarole in getting it. Anyway I have had a chance to use it and its great fun. Plug the supplied dongle into a usb slot on the TV and secure it with the supplied velcro to the back of the TV (it doesn't have to be in line of sight of the remote). TV recognises its there and you register the remote to the TV by pressing the OK wheel. A small cursor appears on the screen and you guide it around as required. There are buttons to access the smart menu, adjust volume etc etc.

Press the wheel/OK button and you can "draw" on the screen for your channel number, or you can swipe it across the screen to access previously viewed channels. Scroll through menus, TV guide or internet pages with the scroll wheel. And the greatest bit: hold down the microphone button and speak into the remote and it makes a very good job of recognising what you say! You can use it on internet searches or to find programmes etc. I just tried "Lake Como" and it came up with various options to choose from, including Youtube clips, iplayer progs, etc.

Brilliant for showing off to friends, great for web surfing on the TV. I'm still finding out what it can do, but very impressed so far. If it was priced at 30 quid I'd say you must get one. If you are paying over 40 then I'd think through how much use you make of the smart features on the TV, and maybe take a look at the various videos showing it in use on youtube. Note - you must have a 2013 LG TV and make sure you get this remote not the previous one for 2012 tellys - it doesn't have the voice activation or the 3D button.

Just off to play with it some more. It would be 5 stars if it was cheaper. Its 5 stars for me since I got it free, but this review is to advise you lot...
One person found this helpful
on 11 January 2014
Works very well for the tv much like a wii controller even works the sky box too much faster to use than a standard controller and the voice recognition works well

See one answered question