on 11 December 2016
Not read it on kindle yet, but read the paperback version 7 times. The depth and detail of old Japan is immense, and whilst the film DVD is brilliant, no film can ever approach the detail covered in a book of this nature. One of the musts for any collection. If you love samurai, you will love this.
on 13 May 2017
To know so much about all the dozens of subjects, to intertwine each into a flowing narrative, for everything to be in its rightful place and rightful time. Karma, neh?
on 23 October 2016
Good read if interested in samurai legends!
True story with a twist same story with new names!
Good characters,great story woven together!
Would recommend to anyone interested in unique story!
on 31 October 2012
I bought this as a hardback because I have read my second old paperback copy so many times it's almost worn out. I'd been looking for a hardback version but all the ones I found - when I could actually find one, were priced at 50 - 60 quid a copy so when this one came up at under a tenner I jumped at it.
We all know the story of Shogun so I'm not going to bore everyone with my take on it save to say that it is without doubt the finest book I have ever read even at nearly a thousand pages. To be honest I would love it if it were twice the size.
on 17 December 2012
I bought this on my kindle so that wherever I go |I'm not without my Shogun "fix" I already have a paperback as well as a hardback which sits on my bookshelf. So you can probably gather that I rather like this book.
I see no point in writing a precis of the story sinv=ce most people will already be aware of it, possibly from the TV but the book is far far better. Yes it's a long book at over 1000 pages but it's the best 1000 pages you'll ever read.
on 16 July 2017
Good Read
on 28 April 2017
Great
on 19 February 2016
Amazing book, theres not enough words to describe it. As soon as you start reading you get absorbed and feel like you would be in Japan yourself. Character development is amazing and unique.
Don't take my word for it and read it yourself.
on 14 May 2017
Good read.
on 18 July 2017
Brilliantly researched and evocative of a turbulent period of history. Excellent characters beautifully handled.