on 27 May 2014
I paired this with a Cooler Master Elite 120, i3 4130 and a HD 7950. Fitting all this in the case was quite involved but made easier by the sensible layout of the board with easily accessible and decent header/power placement.

I took a few drivers off the support CD, particularly for the Wifi card to get me attached to the net but newer ones seem to be available. On that note, the included wifi antenna is a flexible wire leading to a small square collector. It seems to do the job well, particularly on 2.4GHz band but 5GHz can be a little flaky. It's connected to a Asus RT-N66U which is a very decent bit of kit and other devices do seem to fair better on the 5GHz band so be aware of that.

The BIOS on this board is the first I've encountered with sound effects. They don't really add anything to the experience but it's stuffed full of all the options you would want for almost every eventuality. Obviously with a Haswell i3 I haven't overclocked (not least because it's locked but also the heat output) so I can't speak to the overclocking abilities of the board unfortunately.

In about 3 weeks of use with Windows 7 everything has been nice and stable, certainly nothing attributable to the board at least. I'll be undertaking a switch to Linux/Windows 8 shortly - not sure which I'll end up on (perhaps Win8 if drivers don't work out) but I'll update with any relevant info once I'm done.

In all I'd say his is a great bit of kit that offers huge flexibility in a tiny package and won't have you tearing your hair out with random failures and overheats.
on 30 July 2013
This is a really nice board. I've got this board with a Plextor PX-128M5M (msata) and 8GB of Crucial Ballistix which both work fine. Heatsink is a Thermalright AXP-100, which is a tight fit with the msata on the back, but it didn't seem to interfere too much.

On the wireless - the drivers on the asrock page are massively outdated (from mid last year), so I tried to install some later ones from June 2013 that I found on a dell website. I've got this paired with an ASUS RT-AC66U (802.11ac) router. 2.4 GHZ works fine, but I cannot get 5GHZ to pair at all. My laptop works fine on 5GHZ so it's definitely the card installed on this board. There doesn't seem to be any mention of AC in the driver advanced page either. So for now I've just got it running at 2.4 which is a shame as this was one of the reasons that I bought this board.
77 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2014
I got this motherboard for a small server project, mainly because of its 6 SATA ports and an mSATA port. The layout is really good and it certainly is a fine example of the current offerings. 4 stars only because it turned out that the out of the 6 onboard SATA ports 2 are shared -- one with the eSATA and one with the mSATA on the back of the board. Another slight disappointment was that the supplied Broadcom BCM4352 mini PCI-E wifi+bluetooth card is not supported out of the box on Linux.
on 8 October 2014
I love everything about this board !

Latest AC WiFi standard and Bluetooth.
mSATA slot for an SSD (I'm using to boost my HHD)
High quality Realtek ALC1150 Audio
PCI-E version 3
on 20 March 2014
Lovely board, like the msata slot underneath the main board, installed in a powercool q5, in this case you cannot install a pcie card in the spare slot as the case has no slot at the back of the case, also had to use a low profile fan and heatsink,
on 26 March 2014
This is an excellent board for a Mini Server. Probably the best Bios I have seen in a long time and the addition of being able to update the bios directly from te bios screen (provided you have a network connection).
on 18 March 2014
Good:

The board was easy to install and no crashes so far. It has loads of USB3 ports which is great.
Some of the Asrock utilities are actually useful. The overclocking and fan control within Windows works well.

Well designed component layout. I have full-sized RAM which doesn't conflict with my Hyper 212 CPU Cooler.

Plenty of BIOS tweaks available.

Downsides:

Only one case fan controller terminal.

The on-board bluetooth is dreadful. Some peripherals don't work with it properly, and as soon as I overclock even slightly, the device malfunctions when booting. If you overclock within Windows after boot, it remains working as well as usual.

No Wi-Di support that I'm aware of.
on 17 September 2013
Good price and packed with many features found on expensive boards.
mSata location is awkwardly placed at the bottom side of the board. So make sure to plug your msata drive before assembling your build.
Easily overclocked my i7 4770K to 4.4GHz.
UEFI menu look a bit old but it does its job. I would like better fan control and more fan headers (only 2)
on 5 August 2014
Love this motherboard's structures . I like the connectors layout that helps cable management be more easier and appealing for the eye. Good product and good transaction.
on 9 November 2013
Fits nicely in my new bulid bitfenix. Easy to install and wire for a first timer. Very impressed by the performance.