Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Two great albums

Firstly, I don't have any problems with the sound quality. When I originally intended to post a review, I saw an American review complaining about this and replayed the CD, but heard nothing wrong. Of course, some people are more sensitive about sound quality than others, but I can only review what I hear.

The first album here yielded three country hits, The bird, I'm a survivor and The old man no one loves, but only the first of them made the top 50 country and it didn't make the top 20. It is worth noting that Jerry Reed also did a country song a few years earlier called The bird, but it's not the same song. However, I instantly recognized USA today, which was also recorded by Hank Williams Jr, whose version appears on his albums Lone wolf and America the way I see it. George's version is calmer than Hank,s but I like both.

Two singles were released from the second album, these being Hell stays open (all night long) and Six foot deep six foot down, but neither charted. However, covers of Somebody always paints the wall (Tracy Lawrence) and
Ol' Red (Blake Shelton) eventually became decent country hits. Actually, I quite like A cold day in December

If you were only going to buy one George Jones CD ever, this wouldn't be the best choice, but that's not the point. Some fans, myself included, like to have lots of his music, and this CD fits right in there. Great to see these albums reissued.
on 22 February 2015
Followed George throughout his career - don't know what overtook me circa 1989/1992 when these too albums came on the scene, as it's first time I've come across them and they're The Possum at his best.
on 21 January 2015
as described and arrived on time.
on 14 November 2014
what can be said about George what hasn't been said alteady?a super album through out
on 20 February 2014
i have alot of tofours of george jones never ever been dissapionted ever so whenever they release g jones abuy is usually a given because he is top class
on 12 January 2014
George Jones what can I say one of the best! this Album was an unexpected surprise as I thought I would have heard a lot of the songs, it really is good if your a Jones fan then this is for you.
on 30 October 2013
bought for the wife a big g, jones fan. great album, briexdj., will b buying more in the future, briexdj
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse