Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 September 2013
What an utter disappointment this cd. Sorry to say. I was immensly looking forward to FINALLY have the 12 minute disconet suite of the classic If I Could Read Your Mind and do we get.....a totally alternate tracklisting and 4 versions of Gonna Get Along Without You Now. That is the second time this week, Patrick Hernandez's Born To Be Alive suffers from the same problem. What is it that record companies cannot produce what they promise.....?! Terribly upset.
on 3 September 2013
Although Amazon still lists the Disconet Mix of If You Could Read My Mind in the track listing it's not on the CD. That was for me the main reason to pre-order this. I'm disappointed it isn't there. We get 4 different versions of Gonna Get Along Without You Now. Not really what I was hoping for. Gonna keep the CD for the Tom Moulton mix of If You Could Read My Mind otherwise it would be returned. Sound quality is good so that's something I guess.
on 7 September 2013
I was looking forward to finally getting a compilation that had the original mixes of Viola Wills' hits on cd. I was initially pleased when listening to this cd on my inexpensive computer speakers. Track one - "If You Could Read My Mind" - sounded good and matched the original album version. The original 12" single version, however, is nowhere to be found here. Ditto "Gonna Get Along Without You Now," which appears here in its original short version and then in seemingly countless later remixes. Sadly, when I played this cd on my regular home theater system I realized how horribly this cd is mastered. I still have the original vinyl and had previously done a needle drop. My needle drop sounds much better than this cd: Better bass, high frequencies aren't marred by artifacts due to poor audio processing to try to disguise vinyl ticks and pops.

If the producers of this cd had accurately described its contents, I would have never preordered it. Now that the cd is out, however, Amazon really does need to update its track listing to reflect what's actually here: Ten original mixes and then six remixes, of which four are of "Gonna Get Along Without You Now."

This is the worst cd purchase I've made for a number of years.
on 3 September 2013
I love Viola Wills and was really looking forward to this pre ordered CD featuring the tracks as listed by Amazon. Sadly, in this case, you don't get what is advertised. Somebody's Eyes is one of the lady's most wonderful recordings, and although listed, it was completely missing. Huge disappointment. All the other tracks, apart from the Tom Moulton mix, were previously available on other (and better) collections. So, five stars for Viola (RIP and love) and two points for this effort, which Amazon has agreed to take back.

Rant over!
on 23 September 2013
Bring back old memories. Beautiful songs and lyrics.These songs have certain meanings that reflects my good old days and what and how it affected my life.
on 8 September 2013
It's nice to have these music of Viola Wills on cd. In the 80's I bought the 12inch disconet vinyl single of "If You Could Read My mind". It was about 12 or 13 min. long I Think. I was happy that this version was included as bonus track on this album. It was written on the tracklisting for this cd on the anazon.uk site of this product. When the cd arrived I saw that this disconet version not was included on this cd. I was very dissapointing. So not 5 stars for this product because the tracklisting didn't match with what is standing on this cd.
on 10 September 2013
Sorry to say that I was fooled by the tracklist on Amazon, there's no Disconet remix of 'If You Could Read My Mind'and other original remixes are also missing. When you have a look at the site of Cherry Red Records the tracklist is right so where did Amazon get this tracklist ? Or did Cherry Red Records change the tracklist ? This CD is nice to have but could be much better !
on 29 September 2013
I was looking forward to this release! Mainly due to the fact that it SHOULD have included several 12" versions and mixes that have never been issued on CD. Sadly the first track listing has been altered since. This is a great shame as this was an excellent chance to finally re-issue this album with the great 12" versions.....
on 13 October 2013
Never heard about her before, but heard one of the songs and the CD was a great surprise in hearing these welknown songs in a different way.
on 5 October 2013
Great re-issue of Viola's classic album. This releases is long overdue and a welcome release on CD. There are a lot of complaints that it doesn't have the track listing that was originally posted on the Cherry Red website. I think all the fuss about that is kind of ridiculous and overblown.

What you get here is a faithful re-issue of the original album's 10 tracks plus some great bonus remixes. I think everyone should be happy this album is finally available on CD format and get over the fact that a few previously mentioned remixes were not included.

I would have liked to have had "Something About You" from the original US version included, but that is a minor complaint.

Don't delay any longer. Pick up this great CD now.