• Customer reviews

on 16 November 2014
Best press I have ever used, it is truly a heavy duty item. My last garlic press broke on it's second time of use, the one before that had a plastic coating breaking up and peeling off after a reasonable length of time in use. So I was attracted to this because of it's heavy duty name and stainless steel construction. I have used it for root ginger as well as garlic so far, it easily coped with both. My arthritic hands had no problems holding or using this kitchen tool. It is made of heavy gauge metal and looks and feels as though it will last a lifetime. The bottom line is that it does the job with little effort from me, is easy to clean and I believe will last a very long time. Definitely very pleased I purchased this and worth the price tag.
on 20 November 2015
This was a replacement garlic crusher and I was not disappointed. First one didn't arrive but, after contacting the seller, another was despatched which was received very quickly. The item is brilliant as it comes apart so can be washed thoroughly and, unlike my previous one, won't rust as its completely stainless steel. Would re-order and recommend.
on 11 January 2018
Great garlic crusher, had bought other garlic crusher in the past which was rubbish but always remembered my mum having a good one from ikea, so when I saw this I knew it be up for the task. So far so good, I've been enjoying crunching up garlic cloves to add to food and saves me loads of time from hand dicing.
on 15 August 2017
I cook loads and use garlic loads and buy-in a press I've always had trouble finding a descent one, I've had about 3 and one was the j o one and they are useless, all the garlic goes through it doesn't come squeezing out the sides it actually pushes through, AT LAST
on 16 June 2017
Had one of these which lasted for many years and it finally broke - have bought several different ones since but were useless, so pleased to have found this. So easy to use especially as I have Osteo Arthritis in hands and it is the only model that I can use easily.
on 12 June 2015
My last press cost £10+ . Therefore, didn't expect much for £3.99 including postage but the press is just as sturdily built as my last one ( which was used frequently and 'died' of metal fatigue after about 10 years ) so ,let's hope it lasts as long ! Excellent value and speedy dispatch & delivery .
on 28 March 2015
Many comments about this press being an Ikea product and selling at half the price - but if like me you're 100 + miles from the nearest Ikea then the 151 positive 5* reviews was sufficient for me to purchase

Tested it on arrival and I'm well pleased, required minimal pressure which suited my arthritic fingers, easy to operate/clean.

I have no problem in recommending this garlic press
on 2 March 2017
Best garlic press ever. The holes in the garlic press are actually large enough to let a decent amount of garlic through, so you are losing less garlic in the actual pressing stage, and I like it that way! As I use a garlic press so often, this was an important reason to invest a press with a more efficient design. The handles are wider, and so much more comfortable to use than my last press. They are smooth and don't put pressure on your hand when you press down. The quality of the press is very good.
on 8 June 2014
We tried another brand and was game over after first garlic... With this garlic press we had the opposite experience. It does what it was meant to and is very solid. A basic tool for a Portuguese couple addicted to good food:) we are really really happy with the purchase.
on 16 December 2015
The design of the Ikea garlic press works very effectively. Can't comment on its longevity yet, but it works well, and produces a good amount of garlic.

As for the price, it costs more than it does in Ikea, but Ikea's minimum postage is £7.50. So if you're not in striking distance of an Ikea, this is a cost effective means of getting one!