on 29 August 2013
I purchased both the single rack tower and the double rack tower from this seller, so am using the same review for both.

Both arrived securely packaged in sturdy cardboards boxes and wrapped in polystyrene type sheets. The boxes had withstood a journey from Cornwall to the West Midlands with no problem. Delivery was very quick, I was notified the items had been dispatched on 27th August, from Cornwall, and they arrived at my home in Shropshire by midday of the 28th.

On unpacking, both items were intact with no evidence of damage, they appear well put together with all joints being in alignement. This ensured the rack towers were stable when they were filled, which is not always true of other makes in my experience.

I found these to be good quality items which are very sturdy and well suited to holding DVDs/CDs. The description is accurate when it states each of the compartments will easily hold 9 DVDs/PS3 games or 19 CDs. As the oak is lacquered it does not require treatment with oil once or twice a year, a positive point in this sort of furniture where to empty it and oil each surface would be a most time consuming task.

Based om my experience of the delivery time and the quality of the storage units, I would recommend the seller and these items.
25 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2015
I ordered two of these. The first unwrapped looked very good and more than met expectations - solid, well finished and a nice small "footprint", with the spaces for CDs and DVDs ideal to pack the most into the least space. Very cheap for good quality solid hardwood, well finished.
The second looked the same, but in placing it into it's final position I caught my finger on a raised area which had been split at the extreme top right rear of the side panel, I guess from a misplaced fixing (whether screw, nail or whatever, I cannot see). Further examination showed that the top of the rear panel had not been properly fixed. I'm not inclined to return it as a) the first can be resolved with some light sandpapering and wax, b) the second with three or four judiciously placed panel pins, and c) there was a very long delivery time, the items coming (a little to my surprise) from Vietnam via Bodmin.

However such faults should not happen even for items sold at a bargain price- the manufacturer's finishing and checking departments need an overhaul. The ranking I give this would have been an unhesitating 5. As it is the second example would have been three or less. Because I like the appearance and they meet my needs I have ordered a third. If that is not of first rate finish, I'll be making more of a fuss.

The small footprint carries a penalty. If placed on thick pile carpet, even when fully loaded, the cabinet is distinctly unsteady. I have placed some wedges so the the units are supported at the top by the wall behind them.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2014
The quality inspector guy for this product must have been looking the other way when this went out the door. Some of the screws used to hold the rear of the rack were clearly visible from the front which also meant that any CD/DVDs could not be fully seated on those shelves. There was also some sort of ridge (clearly visible) on the rear of some of the other shelves that prevented CD/DVDs sitting back fully on them. I corrected these issues myself as i couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of sending it all back. On the whole it looks pretty sturdy and now functions as intended but only time will tell i guess.
7 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2013
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A QUALITY STORAGE UNIT AND THIS REALY FITS THE BILL, SOLID OAK NO LAMINATES
GREAT VALUE I ORDERED THIS ITEM LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON IT ARRIVED MONDAY, GREAT SERVICE.
12 people found this helpful
on 31 May 2017
Been looking for absolutely ages and finally found this one. Perfect and the wood is gorgeous. Fitted all our DVD'S that had been languishing on the floor in a corner. Lovely piece of furniture.
on 18 August 2016
I really love this unit, I ordered two, but sadly one was damaged in transport. It is the perfect size for CD's and can also be used for DVD's or Games, I have recently bought a very tall DVD unit so now all my CD's are stacked in this compact and neat unit.
on 1 February 2018
I loved the authenticity of this. Solid wood and definitely fit for purpose.
on 3 August 2016
Exactly as described, well constructed and overall quality good. Having researched high street retailers, similar product was £100 + more expensive and could not find any product to match my existing racks, as this one does. With carriage included, this was a good buy and I would recommend it and the seller (Oak City).
on 23 December 2016
A lovely sized unit - not too bulky but still with ample storage. Good quality finish - excellent value for money.
on 9 October 2017