on 18 December 2013
This is an excellent story that would be good if produced for TV. Neil Gaiman captures the character that Matt Smith potrays so well.
on 29 December 2013
Very fun, exactly what you might hope to expect from a Neil Gaiman short story. I'd love to see this one make it as an episode!
on 24 November 2013
I really really really really really love doctor who, thought this book brought it a great story line love it always
on 23 November 2013
I loved this project. Waking up to an email telling me the latest book had been delivered to my kindle became a regular favourite, and when it was announced the last was to be penned by Neil Gaiman you knew it had the chance to go out on a high.

He doesn't disappoint.

The familiar Gaiman is at work here, intricately plotting away with the creation of a world populated by believable characters with just enough depth. With The Kin, he has created a villain that is both typically Who and typically Gaiman, what would have been an intriguing concept on paper is executed flawlessly.

I devoured this in one sitting, something I hadn't done with the other 10, and I'm glad it's finished with a roaring finale. Thank you Puffin for putting these all together. There have been hits and misses, but it's never lacked entertainment.

Oh, and for anyone thinking these are children's books... the best authors of those don't actually right "for" children, rather just something accessible by them. I'm 35 and I've loved it. I look forward to a repeat of this for the 60th!
on 2 December 2013
Neil Gaiman storytelling the doctor...I don't think it can get any better! This really is great fun for any fan.
on 14 January 2014
excellent read couldnt put it down must read more like this. great value for money as well as a good read
on 22 November 2013
A nice short story that you could see working as a part of the TV show. Good value for two pounds.
on 31 August 2015
This is a very brief story by a favourite author of mine. Despite this it was an excellent read,
on 25 October 2014
Shame it's a short story. This would make a great Who ep! We need more Gaiman input to the show.
on 19 September 2016
Eleventh Doctor quickly became my T.V. favourite and the books back that up, cracking read.