Customer reviews

on 28 February 2015
I was really quite saddened and shocked when I had got to the end of this book and it still hadn't had any real storyline. We honestly dont need to know how many time she showers and what she's wearing,

Wish I hadn't paid for it.
First book amazing second book abysmal
on 9 February 2014
A good storyline. The writer has developed the characters well and the plots were good with a simmering romance. HoweverI felt that both the plot and romance were too drawn out. There was far too much of the same thing happening constantly and to be honest the main character got on my nerves. She was the girl that drew all the hot boys to her some how. Cliche ... i know...She was clingy to all of them and needed taking care of all the time even though she was suppose to be the most powerful mage. Her reasoning on matters were repetative and you just wanted to shout at her.I read the first two books but doubt i will read anymore. Such a shame because I really did enjoy the storyline.... Okay
on 16 August 2013
I thought I would give this series a go because the first book was free but I didn't know how amazing it was going to be. This book was better than the first. At times it had me laughing and smiling and other times I was wincing at what Ryanne had to go through. I love how you can see what Colton was feeling because in the first book I was wondering what he felt for Ryanne. You can relate to the characters well and I think that is what makes it even more engaging and enjoyable. This book is simply amazing and I cannot wait for the next book to come out!
on 30 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, infact the whole series so far. I loved how each relationship with Ryanne was developing and how much of a cliff hanger the ending was! Totally recommend.
on 26 February 2014
In my review of the first book I said that I thought this was a formulaic teen read but enjoyed it enough to read on past the cliffhanger ending. After yet another cliffhanger I am not invested enough to keep going, I'm calling it quits!

In my opinion not enough happened to take the story forward. The family re-group to a new hiding place and stay there! The rest of the content revolves around repetitive visions, dreamworld attacks, and flawed plot lines. How did Drevin not know where the family were hiding when his new recruit Natasha attacks Tom in his room? How is Ryanne considered so powerful when nearly every brush with her enemy results in near death? What does Ryanne achieve by denying her affections for Colton? Where are all the other mage that fought beside them last book? Not one plan was made and every event in the book exists to serve Ryanne to the reader as the perfect heroine. I could go on! The wise cracks, food fights and pop culture got irritating aswell! I am still giving 3 stars because for the right audience (teen girls) this is probably a great read.
on 1 September 2013
Just as good as the first book! Was not expecting such a sad ending. I cried so much! Can't wait to see how this story ends.
on 11 August 2013
Very well written and a great read, couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next book of the series.
on 30 August 2014
Just as good as the first book. I'm enjoying a butt kicking female lead but what's endearing about it is her lack of self-confidence and her unawareness of it all. You do wonder how one personal can physically and mentally go through all that but I guess that's where trusty Logan comes in with his nifty gift of healing.

I like Coltons perspective in this book, adds a wider scope for the reader and some of the plot lines are hidden from the reader, which keep you guessing. You think you have it sussed and find you really don't!

Only thing for me, is I keep wondering if it's a bit drawn out in places. Too much about detail about their training and not enough action concerning Dravin. You do feel a pattern regarding the plot, similar to book 1.

I'm still enjoying, on to book 3...
on 26 June 2013
I've now read both the books from the prophesied series and I'm glad to say it is the best series of books that I've read in ages. The first book captured my interest with detailed and realistic characters and the storyline was something I haven't seen before. I was initially worried the second wouldn't live up to its standards but I was pleasantly surprised. The storyline continues to intrigue me.. the characters add more and more depth and there's are a new surprise around the corner. Can't wait for the next books in this very special series. I know that kaitlyn will be a very popular writer in the close future!
on 30 May 2013
OMG! This book is freaking awesome. I've fallen in love all over again with Kaitlyn Hoyt! This book goes deeper in to the personalities of all the characters and I personally grew an emotional connection with them. It brought emotions out of me that a book has yet to do. I cried and laughed like a mad women. The romance was so beautiful, I felt like screaming at them to get together. The ending was SHOCKING! Not what I expected and I ended up crying badly. I love Kaitlyns writing and she's really talented <3