on 13 September 2014
I recently took two of these on a 3 week trip of America, along with my regular Canon battery for my EOS 100d (Digital Rebel t1) DSLR.

After the first 3 days of shooting the Canon battery was starting to lag a little and was losing its charge (this battery is only 3 months old). The next day I geared up with this Opteka battery instead and off I went.

It wasn't until 5 days later I realised that I still hadn't changed the battery, and in that time i'd been through 2 x 16gb memory cards in the camera! (Got excited at Pearl Harbour).

I like to buy authentic parts whenever possible but the Canon genuine spares are very pricey. This battery was absolutely fantastic for the money and i'd definitely use Opteka products again. I can't say for sure if its better than the Canon battery, but its at least as good as and for this price I don't know why you wouldn't give it a go.
on 21 February 2014
Lasts much longer than the Canon supplied battery. I Use it as my main battery now. Not much more to say.
on 4 January 2014
IT IS VERY GOOD FOR A SPARE BATTERY, CANNOT FAULT IT. IT DOES THE JOB WHICH I NEED IT FOR. TOP MARKS.
on 15 June 2014
Bought this as a spare to keep in the bag, but having used it I'll stay as my main battery. It appears to last almost twice as long as the Canon kit battery!!
on 5 February 2014
It ran out of juice slightly quicker than the original canon battery although the canon has less capacity. But still ok for the price you pay for.
on 13 July 2013
It's definitely better than my original canon battery. Description states at least 35% extra life, It feels more than that. Recommended.
on 14 January 2014
This battery seems to last longer than the original Canon battery, so far, and I am pleased I bought this brand as a back up.
on 17 March 2015
The battery would not charge using the standard Canon charger. It was also too big to fit in the 100D battery compartment.
Must compliment Amazon on the excellent return service which was outstanding.
on 29 June 2016
I bought this to use with my Canon Camera, correct size and it worked initially, I was very pleased as it held charge for longer than my Canon battery. The last two times I took my camera out, expecting it to be fine and having charged it, I found that it held very little charge, I also tried this twice at home thinking that I'd done something wrong but each time it held no charge. I intend to return it as it states that it has a two year warranty.
on 4 October 2014
The standard Canon battery for the EOS100D is 700mAh and is pretty costly. This replacement is 2000mAh, almost three times the capacity. I haven't been able to do a scientific test of the relative staying power of this battery, but have had it in my camera for a month now without a recharge - though I haven't been using it as much as I did in the summer. But so far so good. If you're in the market for a replacement battery for your Canon, then take a look at the capacities of the competition. You'll find most of them are just 700mAh. This was a little more expensive, but it should last considerably longer before recharge. Recommended backup or main battery.