on 28 September 2013
Do not buy this product from Monkey Beds. The product I received did not match the description. I did not received the 2 pillows and the mattress only had 1 layer of foam, not 2 layers. If you try and get a refund, they will ask you to pay for postage and make excuses to get out of giving a refund.
review image review image
11 comment| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2014
I looked around for a few week before deciding to by this mattress. I looked in Argos and many other Amazon sellers aswell as some catalogues but by far the best valued was this one and also it fitted, on paper, all of mine and my partners needs.
I suffer very bad back pain and my old sprung mattress was causing a lot of pain in my lower back and making it very difficult to sleep for more than a couple of hours in the bed and also getting out of it was very hard as I could not pull myself up. I also am disabled having a paralyzed right leg.
So after reading the reviews and description and comparing this to other mattress with similar descriptions/aspects I decided on this one, and very glad I did.
It is very early days but so far I have noticed a huge difference.
For starters I can sleep for longer without waking up in pain, im not saying I have no pain because I always have lower back pain unfortunately but it has made a significant difference. Also getting out of bed is no longer an issue as I can pull myself up without pain stopping me.
This mattress also has great support for me and my partner and either of us do not feel the other in the bed or getting into or out of the bed, unless we want to!
It always reverts back to its original shape after a nights sleep.
The description is correct from seller.
The mattress is firm but as you lay on the mattress you feel it molding to your body to give firm support in areas that need it and dont.
So right now I have no complaints. I would of expected it to come in a box for added protection when being transported and delivered but thats a minor and no damage was on the mattress.
easy to unwrap and we let it swell to its 15CM size as that was the advice on packaging and reviews, we left ours for about 15 hours but 12 probably would of been adequate. thats a personal choice you should make.

I can say that for the price you WILL NOT find a better mattress.
And if you need a comfortable, orthopedic mattress then buy this now!

Ill update if there is any change which I expect there will not be.

Thanks seller.
on 26 August 2015
I ve had this mattress for almost a year...first couple of months it was great slept better than a baby! It's gradually become uncomfortable and sinks in the middle. It's caused a lower back problem and now I have an issue with pressure on my kidneys...i am a healthy 26 yr old male who's never had a problem before with spring mattress or memory foam Replaced it yesterday. Getting rid of it...
on 13 February 2014
Fits perfectly into my kingsize ottoman gas lift bed, very lightweight. Had the best nights sleep in many years. I suffer with fibromyalgia and so body aches and hurts a lot, normally waking me up through the night but this bed cuts down the pains very pleased.
on 18 February 2014
‘Memory Foam’………WHAT MEMORY FOAM?
‘Reflex Zone’………WHAT REFLEX ZONE?
I purchased this mattress thinking it offered good value for money. Where do I start?

1. I un-zipped the cover and to my horror found that the layer of memory foam (developed by NASA) is at most 4 mm thick! It is badly stuck to the foam slab underneath and pulls away with ease. This would offer no benefit at all!

2. Under this ‘micro-slither’ of attempted memory foam is the main foam slab, which is just that. A single slab of cheap foam with nothing that would offer a ‘Reflex Zone’ as stated in the listing.

3. The free pillows are not too bad – my dog is sleeping a little better on them! Surely they couldn't have been made for human use??
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2013
This was a re[placement mattress for normal sprung one that I had bought. This is far better quality for the same money. Had a good night sleep after a long time.
on 30 May 2014
I am very happy with this mattress. It comes with a zip off cover so it can be laundered. Others have noted a strong chemical smell which is slow to leave but that has not been my experience. In fairness, once it was unwrapped, there was a strong smell but after three days airing in a room with an open window it has mostly gone. Once the bedding was put on any residual smell had disappeared. I have recently suffered from an acute lumbar spine problem and this is the reason the mattress was purchased. I am happy to report that my back has improved greatly since using this mattress which is supported by slats on a bed frame. It is very firm but also very comfortable.
on 3 August 2014
This is the best mattress I have ever slept on. I was a bit worried about the review on this mattress, saying it just good foam... no its definitely memory. with my old mattress I had to find that same spot to get comfortable. With memory foam I can lay any way I want and the mattress does all the work. shaping its self around me. never slept so good.. i noticed that sleepyness in the morning when you have slept so deep.. but then extra energy once ive woken up properly. Also its light weight and very cool in temperature. i only wrote this review because im so happy with it. I dont normally do so.
on 2 August 2014
this mattress is a load of crap dont waste your money had it over 90 days and cant return it now its got patches on it where you sink in and dont go back up now gotta find money to buy another one. NOT HAPPY!!!!
on 13 December 2013
great mattress very comfortable needs to be a solid base for the bed though,but very comfy to use even with someone with a good weight