on 11 August 2017
Excellent sound for the price
on 26 June 2017
Sound quality is better than beats. Superberb.
VINE VOICEon 21 October 2013
▣ Audio Sources ▣

PC using Arcam rDAC & Graham Slee Solo SRGII amp.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (with and without an E11 amp) using PowerAmp Android app.

▣ Overview & design ▣

Having heard good things about the professional version of the headphones, I decided to give Noontec's newest HD version a try.

Design wise, these seem to be exactly the same as the professional version, but apparently have slightly improved sound and better seal from background noise. They also come with an inline remote/mic, which the pro lacked. Personally, I quite like their design, even though it's quite obvious where Noontec got their design inspiration, but it doesn't bother me one bit, because noontec actually made a headphone that sounds as good as it looks, something Beats by Dre simply couldn't achieve for some reason; Although since they split with Monster, their latest headphones are becoming more balanced and neutral sounding, which can only be a good thing.

Build quality is nothing spectacular, but adequate at this price, the hinges at least seem to be reinforced with metal, which is good news. Mine have been on a few journeys so far and have been fine. They fold down nicely and can be stored the included cloth pouch. The cable isn't the best quality and mine has now split at one end, which is disappointing. I've since replaced it with a V-MODA cable.

▣ Audio ▣

Sound quality is where these really shine. They are fairly balanced and neutral, accurate and detailed. Highs are slightly mellowed and treble rolled off. Mid-range is neutral and smooth. Bass is tight and extends extremely well. These always make me smile when pumping bass heavy tunes through them, like Reggae, Dancehall, Intelligent Jungle and Trap (Tunes like: TNGHT - Higher Ground, sounds awesome), as you'll feel the bass vibrating on your ears, which I love; Although, to achieve this, you may need to use a Fiio E11 amp and PowerAmp player for Android (which has a great EQ and superb audio enhancements). However, The Zoro HD's are easily driven without an amp and still sound great.

Another headphone I've been recently auditioning is the Momentum on-ear, which is another good sounding and comfortable on-ear headphone, but they just don't appear to have the same bass impact and extension as the Zoro HD.

Update August 2014: I now have the V-MODA XS and they take sound to a new level. Where the Zoro falls slightly on treble and Momentum on bass, the V-MODA XS nails both. They're not cheap but worth it. I can still easily recommend the Zoro HD in this price range though.

▣ Comfort ▣

For on-ear headphones, these are pretty comfortable and seal quite well. The headband is also comfortable and fits my head perfectly. I can easily wear them for a few hours before my ears need a rest. My Momentum on-ear are probably a tad more comfortable, but they do have luxurious suede ear padding.

▣ Conclusion ▣

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the Noontec Zoro HD and they're one of my favourite portable headphones I've tried under £100. If you're looking for a great value, portable and fashionable headphone, that actually sounds great, then give these a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
on 3 October 2014
Be careful of the folding hinges. Within two months it cracked and a week later it just broke clean off on one side. Because it was outside Amazon's return policy I'm stuck with headphones that are literally 'armless. If I could I would post photographs but I can't. Wish I had bought a cheaper pair now.
on 12 December 2013
I am very impressed with these headphones I would give 4 1/2 stars if I could! They come with a detachable no-tangle wire, a very nice pouch to store them in, very nicely designed (basically beats without the markup!) and finally and most importantly I cannot fault the sound quality at all, very crisp and clear (this is from someone who is mildly hard of hearing so I appreciate a good pair of headphones)! Overall I definitely believe you get your money's worth with these. The only but that I have and it is a personal but is the comfort of the headphones. From the photos I rather naively believed that the ear cup size would be closer to the beats studio headphones, meaning I was hoping they would go round my ear not rest on my ear. In reality they are closer to the size of the beats solo headphones that rest on the ear. From a personal perspective this means they get really uncomfortable for me after a maximum of 2 hours. I would like state I absolutely do not feel I have been deceived, misled or duped by anyone and it is completely my fault for not thinking before I bought them. The only criticism I would make is that I wish the size of the headphones was made clearer in the description. However, if you are a fan of headphones that rest on the ear, such as beats solo, then don't hesitate to buy these, you won't regret it!
on 3 January 2014
I bought these as a present for my husband after reading a review on the beats by dre headphones, my husband has worked in the radio industry so he knows good quality headphones, he said they are excellent & you won't be disappointed.
on 19 February 2015
The headphones themselves are very good, especially for the price they are now offered for (I paid more in 2014 when, I guess, they were still the 'current model'. Sound response may err slightly on the bass heavy side, but that bass is very secure and clear. The supplied lead however failed after very little use, one of the plugs split and eventually one channel failed completely.
I approached Noontec for a replacement lead and was given the run-around where they appeared to assume that I wanted to pay for the lead, plus hefty postage! Eventually, I did receive an email promising to send a replacement lead - I guess they assumed that this would shut me up. Needless to say, I heard no more and no lead was received. I had promised them negative feedback on Amazon if they failed to come up with the goods. Their appaling customer service is now hereby registered!
on 4 December 2013
The sound is good and the headphones comfortable. My only complaint, and it's quite a major one, is that the jack contact is acting up after only a month. Always need to twist the jack into the headphones to ensure proper contact is being made. If it's already having trouble here I worry as to how long it will last.
on 15 September 2014
Bought these Headphones a few months back and I am very satisfied with them. They produce a sound that far exceeds their price tag. After a number of months of use and wear they still look and feel like new.....and I've often folded them up and packed them into my rucksack.

I'd recommend them to anyone.
on 15 May 2015
The right ear stopped producing sound after 3 months of purchase. I would expect at least a year for £40+. The leather patches come loose after a week or so. I would like to exchange but can't make sense of this website anymore, I've tried contacting but with no luck, so it's a bad review I'm afraid.