Customer reviews

OK
on 12 April 2017
Very happy
on 11 April 2017
Fantastic album - Great band.
New CD so perfect quality.
on 27 August 2015
Enjoying Kodaline after I first heard them on Made in Chelsea!
on 20 April 2016
Love it! Love Kodaline! What more can I say?
on 27 July 2017
One of the best albums of the last ten years.Every song is a hit.
on 22 July 2016
Awesome!
on 17 June 2013
I've been looking forward to this album for quite a while. I first heard about Kodaline through the BBC Sound Of 2013 poll, and I've listened to the EPs that they've released, which all impressed me so I was naturally looking forward to this debut effort. Kodaline have a very Mumford and Sons feel to them, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, although they don't really add anything more to that folk-pop formula.
The album starts with 'One Day', which is a great opener, followed by their three best known tracks, which each had an EP, namely; 'All I Want', 'Love Like This', and 'High Hopes'. All three of these are great folky songs, and I could probably listen to them all day and not really tire of them. 'All I Want' is a quiet, heartfelt song, and is then followed up by there best known song, 'Love Like This', which has been getting plenty of radio attention lately.
My favourite track by Kodaline before this album was 'High Hopes'. I'm a big fan of the frontman, Steve Garrigan', vocals on this track, and the accompaniment slowly builds as the track goes on, before being reduced to just an acoustic guitar and gentle vocals.
After these opening four tracks we get into the unknown, and I'm pleased that the rest of the album carries on as the album started. 'Brand New Day' is a good track, with Garrigan singing, 'Just think of all the places we could be, I'll be waiting', and seems to be singing about being somewhere else rather than his home town. Some of the next tracks are good but not great, such as 'All Comes Down', which was just a bit too full-on for me, with a choir and Garrigan' falsetto. 'Way Back When' is a great track to finish the album with. The mandolin just seems to fit Garrigan singing about a girl from the past.
In review, Kodaline don't bring anything cutting edge with this album, but even so it's a worthy debut. It's a great album to listen to, it's wonderfully melodic and easy on the ears. My favourite track is 'High Hopes', and this is certainly an album that I'll put on in the background quite a lot. Sadly, I don't think it's quite a five star album, although it's slightly better than 4 stars, 4.5 is probably fair. Definitely worth a listen.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 September 2013
Kodaline's debut album is a really nice listen, if you enjoy alternative rock music and similar, established bands like Coldplay, Travis, Muse and Keane - you'll feel right at home within the first listen.

I heard the songs 'Love Like This', 'All I Want' and 'High Hopes' for the first time a few months ago on Spotify, and because all three of these breezy tracks had me hooked with their warm and catchy melodies immediately, I was eager to hear the rest of the album. After giving it a few spins over, I can safely say that it a debut worthy of five stars.

There is so much good music filling up the British charts at the moment, and Kodaline help to continue the positive trend. Their music is gentle, soothing, and although it could be described as rather samey, it's never dull or cheesy. In terms of uplifting songs, lovely vocals and really great songwriting, 'In A Perfect World' has all of these qualities. Believe the hype readers, because 57 five star reviews on Amazon can't all be wrong. Well worth you're time!.