Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 May 2017
Good
on 21 May 2017
When I buy an album there's normally a song or 2 I'll skip, as expected. With Dark Eyes I find myself skipping none, I have a least favourite, but even then it's still brilliant in comparison to all the others
on 23 February 2013
Wow! Why is it so quiet about this band? Brilliant, alternative music. Every track is played and sang beautifully! I've heard "Full Circle" on a radio and fell in love with it straight away- I just had to get the full album. Highly recommend!
Excelent
on 14 March 2013
Listen.

I am a French-Canadian from Montreal. All the music I ever listened to was from U.K. And I used to pay big bucks for my records, because most albums I bought were imports (Joy Division, Durruti Column, Pale Fountains, Ride, Bloody Valentine and so forth) . So I feel you owe me. You have to buy "Dark Eyes", from this Canadian group that decided to live in my city, Montreal.

To convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, go on youtube, listen to "Full Circle", you'll be hooked. The rest of the album is as good. Just one complain, there's maybe only 38 minutes of music, we could have used more.

Half Moon Run will be big. I tell you, if these guys were Brits, I would buy the import.
on 4 July 2013
I discovered this band with full circle, which is an outstanding song. The rest of the album follows that same emotional flow, which makes it a must buy in my book.
Also, this is a small band which deserves recognition for their soulful talent and I'm sure that any future album will be well worth the wait and the money.
on 4 May 2014
Half Moon Run show so much promise of things to come in the future. Sometimes they remind me of folky rock like Midlake or fleet foxes other times radiohead are called to mind.
For anybody who likes sweet harmonies and interesting guitar music, this is for you.
on 28 May 2013
I fell in love with 'Full Circle' on BBC 6 Music station and the rest of the album did not disappoint, it's excellent. A bit reminiscent of Radio Head in places, and at other times it reminds me slightly of Jeff Buckley, but it's a unique sound with a wonderful vocalist. It's haunting, I have not liked an album so much for a long time.
on 26 April 2014
Half Moon Run have a unique sound, beautiful & at times haunting vocals from Devon, very cleverly crafted songs played effortlessly by the band, with subtle harmonies which suggest this is a very tight band of guys who are expert at executing their skills. Favourite songs? "Unofferable", "Need It" & "Give Up" are my personal favourites, but the whole album is just brilliant. For me I enjoy listening to it the most late at night with headphones on & my eyes closed. Definitely my best buy of this year yet & it'll be very hard to beat.
on 13 January 2015
5 star means yes buy it!!

I give this album a 7/10, a huge score!! This is a clear exercise of 'Great Instrumentation Layout' &'well written lyrics' by the band, note - the instrumentation seems to be the foremost objective here.

The exceptional songs in this album being - 3) `No More Losing The War' is a real cathartic song, slowly burning out, 5) 'Need It' the tempo dragging through the drum, a real pleasure on the ears & 8) 'Drug You' a real drum thumping tune.