on 22 February 2014
A novella full of intrigue, action and friendship. While I read this I couldn't help but smirk every now and then when something was revealed or happened that had been eluded too in other books (the Dane Maddock Adventure series), it's one of the reasons I like origin stories but this one seemed to do it better than most. A talent that David Wood seems to have at capturing a readers attention. It was really interesting seeing how Dane and Bones' friendship came to be. I read it in one sitting...it is that good.
on 13 June 2013
What a really enjoyable read ths novella is, having read all the other Maddock and Bones books this is a great insight to their early years and how their relationship started. The story is well thought out and based in Boston and is slightly reminiscent of The National Treaure film, not the treasure part. I look forward to more from the Maddock and Bones Origins series as well as the next full blown story.
on 10 May 2016
As always - a great read. Thrilling, entertaining, full of wit and humour but most of all - it is a' do-not-put-me-down-until you have finished me' kind of book. Superb
on 31 August 2015
Not bad, I had some problems with how easy they worked out the clues but it could just be because the plot centred on the founding of America and I know very little about that event. Maybe if you are familiar with that period you would have understod them as easily as the characters. Didn't feel there was a lot of character development but it's the first in a series so hopefully that will come later.
on 7 February 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable, fast paced adventure thriller.
The main characters were both entertaining, serious and very believable.
The plot was fast moving and kept you guessing until the end. I also enjoyed the history lesson on Boston and the important part it played in the history of the USA.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys adventure books with a large handful of humour thrown in for good measure
on 5 August 2013
As I've read all (which I consider) to be Clive Cussler's best books couldn't quench my thirst for adventure stories so I tried David Wood's books. Read all so far and enjoyed every one. Also enjoyed the touch of romance involced with Selena and Nick. I actually enjoyed all the characters, good and bad so this is really a review for all of his writings. Thankyou David.
on 12 November 2016
Good read
on 2 November 2015
Very good really enjoyed it
on 20 November 2014
Enjoyable reading fast pace and good plot with twists and turns at the end defiantly worth getting the series. Can't wait to read next one
on 14 October 2015