on 12 October 2013
I have used many compatible printer ink cartridges over the years, with quite different results - poor ink quality, cartridge not recognised etc. When I bought my latest Canon MG6350, I expected not to find compatible cartridges available as it was a recent model. I found First Call Inks through amazon and bought a set. Not surprisingly I had to replace all of the original low capacity canon cartridges within a month of use. To my relief, the First Call Ink cartridges all fitted without a hitch, were recognised by the printer and have printed photo results of very high quality. I am delighted with the output, and have already re-ordered inks from First Call, as they provide a genuine, top quality product.
44 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 September 2013
I must admit that I have only used these inks for the first time over the last week. I wanted a compatible ink that I could consider best value and I found it at First Call Inks. Sensible prices, excellent product and excellent shipping service. I can never understand why original inks cost so much when a product like this, does the job every bit as good and meets my needs. The aftersales service promise is also very impressive. I would be more than happy to recommend this compatible ink product to any of my acquaintance's.
17 people found this helpful
on 27 November 2017
We have been using these compatible inks for a few years in our printer. I do a lot of printing for work, and these last a long time. Even when I get the warning that the ink levels are low, I can still print for a lot longer. We've never had any problems with these inks, and will continue to use them
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2018
I've used these inks for several years, previously for a Canon iX6550 and now in a different cartridge for the Canon iP8750. The results are just as good to look at as those produced by Canon original inks and so far there has been no problem with the longevity of the prints. Doubtless there must be some advantage to Canon's inks to justify the enormous extra cost, but I haven't noticed it!
on 29 July 2017
I reordered these because I was very happy with the quality from my previous order. The box looks the same but when I removed the orange clip from the first cartridge, lots of ink spilled on the table. I now have cyan ink in the wood grain of my table which won't come out. Next 2 inks also leaked in the same way. I still have one cartridge from the previous order, so I could check what's changed. The orange clip has been reduced in size presumably to save money (see photo) and it opens from the opposite end. When you remove this new-style clip, the ink spills out. I am now worried about putting these leaky cartridges into the printer. Warning: open these inks in the sink.
review image
One person found this helpful
on 20 January 2017
I have used this ink in my Canon Pixma printer since I bought it about two years ago. The results are great and I have never experienced problems with the ink. The cartridges always connect and light up straight away when inserted. As for price, I just bought two complete sets of cartridges for just under £16 whereas the original Canon sets are £50 to £60 per set!!!, why would I buy them?. Prior to this printer I used original cartridges and experienced various problems from time to time not to mention being financially worse off. If you are considering buying these compatible cartridges instead of the originals then I would say stop pondering, go for it.
on 30 March 2015
Over a year ago when I replaced a Cannon Inkjet for the latest six colour version, I took the opportunity to re-evaluate my compatible re-manufactured cartridge suppliers including several well known and long established distributors of inks and papers I had used over twenty years in business. To my surprise, First Call Inks clearly stood head and shoulder above the crowd and not simply in value for money as all too often, these are pay cheap, pay twice, here today and gone tomorrow. However First Call were obviously breaking this common cliché insofar as the trouble free chipped cartridges, the overall cartridge design values exceeded those of Canon, The ink colour gamuts, absorbency, brilliance, definition and drying times were in my opinion not bettered by any competitor. Yes of course the printer and drivers can be adjusted for colour grading and matching etc. but if you want cost effective trouble free reliability and no time wasting messing with things few have experience with, in my opinion, you can do no better than First Call Inks.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2014
I alternate these with genuine Canon cartridges on my MG6350 and they work really well. This is not my first order and I have no complaints whatsoever about these cartridges (even if they don't look like the ones shown).
9 people found this helpful
on 11 February 2015
I own a Canon MG 7150. I am really pleased with these inks, the colours are vibrant so all my printing including photos looks great. The customer service I received from First Call Inks is second to none, I had a problem with the black ink not printing, contacted Amazon then had a call from First Call Inks where a very helpful guy called Gary very patiently talked me through getting it working again. It seems there was air in the head and a deep clean on my machine got me up and running again. This is the best customer service I think I have ever had, well done to Gary and all the staff of First Call Inks, I will certainly use and recommend your inks.
on 27 August 2013
Having purchased a new Canon Mg 6350 I was more than relieved to find that First inks had produced a compatible ink series. The print quality is as good as the Canon originals and at a very reasonable price. The delivery, packaging and overall service will ensure I continue to purchase from First Inks.
10 people found this helpful