on 4 August 2013
Well, I promised in my review of Enigma that I would read the sequel if there was one, and I am very glad that I have. Despite having read Enigma some nine months ago, I had remembered the gist of what happened (always a good sign!) so I started to read this with hopeful expectations.

It has to be said that I actually preferred Secrets over Enigma. At first, I felt that maybe I should have read Enigma again, but I did pick everything up quite quickly. It does pick up pretty much from where Enigma ended, so if you have not read that, the I would recommend that you do. There are plenty of new characters introduced, although the story still revolves around Kate, Seb and Jack. Although Seb and Jack still have some love/hate characteristics, I felt that I understood this time why Kate felt pulled towards them both in different ways. I had forgotten how much I liked Heather's ways and how much I willed Brett to get help in the first book, and these are also sub-plots in the second book. But the main feature throughout were the secrets that unravelled that threathen to hurt everyone in so many ways. You do feel for them as one bombshell is dropped and just as they seem to be coping with that, another secret is revealed. I stopped trying to guess what would happen next as you really cannot see it all coming, which meant I could just enjoy the book and follow everything as it was happening.

A great read which only took a day to complete and I await the third instalment of the series. For anyone who was thinking of reading the series, then I recommend that you do, even if you are not a huge fan of the paranormal genre as this is different from most of the supernatural stories out there. If you have already read Enigma then you will not be disappointed with the sequel.
on 24 June 2013
Although I am not the target audience for this series, I love it. Brilliantly written. You get so drawn in. The characters are so likeable and the storylines just grab your attention and imagination. I read this book in 2 sittings. I was disappointed when I got to the end, but am very happy to know that this series is to be continued. I can't wait for the next book to come out. I highly recommend this series.
on 2 January 2015
Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down until 4am when I finished it! I didn't know how it could top the first book but it did. I loved Seb in book 1 but in secrets, I just fell in love with Jack. When you think it's going to go zig, it goes zag instead. There are so many twists and turns and new secrets that complete the book. It was so interesting and I definitely recommend it. Can't wait for part 3!!!!
on 10 June 2013
I loved Enigma and was so eager to find out how the story would unfold in the second installment of the trilogy. It was worth the wait. I dont want to spoil this book for anyone so wont go into specifics, but at one point I had to stop reading as I was so emotional about an event that I couldn't go on (very few books make me stop reading to calm myself down!). After a short break to dip in the sea (as was on holiday at the time) I carried on. This book is such a page turner, and has put my opinions on the characters into turmoil. I can not wait to see what the author delivers in the final book and it can go either way - or possibly another exciting twist. Who knows? This trilogy is full of surprises and it is very easy to get attached to the characters. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!
on 21 February 2014
Very predictable plot and not much of a storyline. Kate isn't really a likeable character, she is selfish, self centered and a quite annoying. In fact apart from Jack very few of the characters have many redeeming qualities. Saying that it's an easy read a passes a bit of time but it went be winning any literary awards.
on 28 July 2013
I loved the first book in this trilogy and couldn’t wait for the next book to be released. Secrets surpassed my expectations and I loved this book which kept me turning the pages. There was of course lots of secrets revealed in this book and even more unexpected twists. I love Kate and now I hope she ends up with Jack who has really developed into such a lovable character. Now I can’t wait for the final book in the trilogy to be published. I’m officially team Jack, he has to get the girl!
on 4 June 2013
I really enjoyed reading the first book in this trilogy, Enigma, so was looking forward to Secrets. I LOVED this sequel even more! It had lots of secrets to reveal and the relationship between Kate, Seb and Jack was fascinating. I honestly couldn't decide who I wanted Kate to be with - I changed my mind several times throughout the book. I now can't wait for the third book to be published.
on 18 June 2013
Well you did again another gripping book and just when you thought yeh she actually suits Seb more you twist up to make you think arr now I dont know who she sould be with. love it, hope not to have to wait to long for next chapter
on 10 July 2013
One of the best series I have read it's a book you can't put down once u start I waited a good while for this second book and by God was it worth the wait roll on the last book I'm team Jack n hope he gets his girl back :)
on 21 March 2014
The reason I gave this book 5 stars is because it is a really exciting and enjoyable book just like the first one and I can't wait to read the third book in this exciting trilogy. I would recommend this book to anyone.