Colour: Black|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 December 2013
If you're looking for a Lenovo A3000 case you'll want one offering protection and functionality, but this one may not fit the bill. The product description and photos on Amazon UK when I bought it on 24/12/13 are wholly inadequate, so I now attempt to describe it properly.

The product consists of a leather flap attached to a replacement metal back cover, it is rather like many cases supplied for various mobile phones. Crucially, there is no means of keeping the flap closed over the tablet, no clever magnetic catch, nothing, it just flaps about. Now let me quote the description. 'Two folding methods meet different visual demands' - I foolishly took that to mean the flap could be used to position the tablet vertically or horizontally in the manner of a stand, but that was just my wild optimism and now I've no idea what it means.

Having fitted the case, and in fairness I must say the back cover is beautifully made, I don't feel it adds any drop protection to the tablet. Yes, I know that no such protection is claimed, but I'm sure anyone buying a tablet case has it in mind that their new toy may evade their grasp and hit the deck. The tablet edges are left fully exposed to impact, and because the flap will not stay closed the screen too is exposed to disaster.

An adhesive screen protector is supplied, it's the stiff thick type that is frustratingly near-impossible to fit without air bubbles. Mine's gone in the bin, and the case may follow it if the 3in1 set: Elegant leather case for Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 in Black with convenient STAND FEATURE + Skin, crystal clear + Stylus, Black from kwmobile I also ordered ever arrives and lives up to expectation. UPDATE: The case from KW Mobile has now arrived, it's much more practical and it's the one I'll be using.

To conclude, this case is well made of quality materials, but it doesn't offer the tablet protection I was looking for, and I can't recommend it.
on 7 April 2016
Not really up to the job...was looking for some better protection than the current case I have, which does protect the tablet quite well...this really doesn't-although it's quite a clever idea.
Basically you just replace the back cover with the new case/cover which has a flap that hinges off from the side. There isn't anyway to keep the cover in place over the screen...just flaps about.. All the screen & the back of the tablet are free to be chipped, scratched etc.
As it is Lenovo branded, I would have expected a little more thought as regards to protection (front, back & sides)....think I may go back & stick with my original case....
Leather??? possibly not(although I stand corrected, said the man in surgical boots...) :(
on 29 June 2014
Got a Lenovo A3000 from John Lewis fab, got a case to match and this is a fab item too - it's Lenovo too. To fit unclip the back of the A3000 and replace with this, the other part just flips over and offers front protection for the display and a stand too (if required), using this in the car clipped with a wee strap to hold it to the headrest pillars for my kid to watch films on.

Good, simple, needed....
on 21 February 2014
Seemed like a substantial case which I would have been pleased with but had to return it because I had to return the tablet I'd bought it for. Otherwise happy with usual good Amazon delivery.