Customer reviews

on 30 July 2013
The summary of the plot sounded interesting, but the actual story fell somewhat short. Characters are shallow, the chemistry was not very sizzly.

The heroine who is supposed to be a cool army chick, does exhibit some pretty idiotic behaviour, often demanding like a spoiled child to stay on a proven dangerous new planet. And despite the constant highlighting of her "joining the army" or being "highly trained", throughout the story she doesn't really show any cool/ highly trained characteristics at all. For a soldier who has been abducted into space by an alien race never before encountered, she is remarkably blase about the whole affair.

Hero started off as a promising alpha male, warrior type hunk of burning love.... turns into a wussy bumbling virgin who has to be sexually educated by the heroine, and gives in to all of her ridiculous (life endangering) demands. Awkward, awkward, awkward.

The only thing I took away from this story is that if you've never had sexytime before, the first person to make your dingly doodads tingle must be your one true love.
on 15 July 2013
I really enjoyed this story, the lead character s were well thought out and very interesting. I would highly recommended this book. My only regret is the Cynthia Lore has not yet released any more books to date.
on 28 July 2013
Despite being an alleged top government worker, our gal does some ridiculous and often stupid things and I found myself losing patience with her. Rather predictably she relies on the scary alien/sensitive alien to rescue her. I did skip through chapters but strangely did like the ending. Overall pretty average however.
on 15 April 2014
Did not really do it for me. Two strangers from different world get together, give up everything for each other.no people, nothing but each other. It could be an adventure story or a romance, but it does not commit to either.
on 9 August 2014
I've read a few alien romances now - I enjoyed this one because it approached the subject from a different perspective. The characters were engaging and the story was good. I recommend it!