on 9 June 2015
Captain John Carter sent me a letter giving me instructions and to follow the his letter from his layer and he finds a strange manuscript in book form. The first time I met Uncle Jack i was five years old Jack was a soldier and a very happy young man.
I am a very old man i do not know who old i am as i have died twice before I look to be at the age of 30 years. After the war ended i went prospecting with Captain James K Powell we found a gold bearing quartz vein power new the area and what equipment that we would need to start mining he pack his horses and left later in the afternoon and saw people following him I left the mine and went to see if he was ok he was attacked by Indians and killed I took his body tried to escape and I found a cave which the Indians would not come near and i sudenly became very weak and passed out when i woke I found that i was on Mars and had be caught by the green Marchian and taken prisoner and later on helped a red Marchian woman to escape from them
Gods of Mars: This story continues the life of John Carter on Mars how he is taken prisoner how he witness a group of five green Marchions where he meets an old fiend and escapes from Issis.
Warlord of Mars: How he goes in seach of his lost wife who has been captured by Dark Martions and how he rescues her.
I like all the stores in the book but thers too many review every on.
on 23 December 2013
Politically incorrect, boys own type nonsense. You've got to love this story and impossible world created by Rice Burroughs. John Carter kills so many people I'm surprised there are any left on mars. I loved this story as a boy and love it now. It starts with a man leaving earth and going to mars by method unknown and everything after that is bonkers!!! Suspend your disbelief, read these books and imagine you live in a simpler time when anything other than freedom and equality might be possible.
on 15 May 2017
Read this years ago and, having seen the film, was reminded to reads them again. This is a cheap collection of the original stories, I wouldn't bother with the others, and I am enjoying them again.
on 26 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed these books took a while to read a few late nights as I just had to read another chapter or two. If you like adventure and Sci-Fi you will love this.
on 21 August 2017
OK
on 9 January 2015
Enjoyed all of the books in this set .Saw the John Carter film which l enjoyed The books were even better
on 21 July 2013
great value for money, and a great read what more could you ask for in a series of book's, thank's
on 6 February 2014
I first found these stories around 30 years ago. I was reminded about them when the film of John Carter of Mars came out and so decided to read them again. I found them and have thoroughly enjoyed reading them again. .
on 17 March 2017
So far I have read only the Princess of Mars and John Carter appears to be the early C20th prototype of Jack Reacher from Lee Child's novels. Both characters seem to be immune from defeat in any known form of combat and can overcome all odds time and time again. However while the Lee Child stuff palls after a few books, somehow I think John Carter will endure.
VINE VOICEon 13 March 2015
I found I wanted to read the book. It goes well beyond the film and takes John Carter to all different places and tribes on Mars.
It is written in the language of the time so some of the words used are rather archaic.

I was so absorbed in this book that I nearly read it all in one sitting. A great adventure story for adults and children. Very highly recommended.