Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£9.89+ £1.26 shipping

on 18 May 2015
This album more than met my expectations. Most of my Brubeck recordings are concert recordings and whilst I like the atmosphere created by these I generally prefer studio recordings, which this album is. This is the Brubeck Quartet at it`s very best and I am so pleased that it was recommended to me.
on 4 August 2013
This delightful album takes you back to the decade when Jazz ruled and Brubeck was one of the rulers. Paul Desmond's playing is beautifully assured as you would expect and Mr Brubeck's hands glide effortlessly over the piano keys. Dive in and indulge.
on 12 July 2013
Last heard this over 40 years ago on vinyl.
The tracks are in many respects 'classic' Brubeck and Co.
All the signs of what was to come are there.
Best track? Listen to Audrey and see what comes to your mind. For me it evokes memories of empty late night wet City streets with lots of street lamps. One of their best ever tracks I think.
Did he get lost in too many 'Impressions' and 'time signature' recordings - perhaps.
Listen to all those, enjoy them and then come back to this CD.
on 21 October 2014
This CD, formerly on LP, was the first time the quartet recorded in a studio, back in the 50s,
Superb playing by all , piano and alto solos.....a dream. Go out now and buy it
on 6 December 2013
Classic Dave Brubeck Quartet material. Does what it says on the packet. The outstanding track for me, is Audrey. Paul Desmond at his very best!
on 16 August 2013
good selection and well up to his usuall high standard,a very moving requiem for him & his music &will be missed but never forgotten
on 16 January 2014
Really good album. I always found my foot tapping when I listen to it. You can't go wrong with this. Highly recommended.
on 26 April 2016
Great music as expected from this group. Very listenable
on 27 October 2015
I was able to replace my old record bought in 1956.
on 29 June 2014
This is a fantastic album. I love it.