Customer reviews

Disco Recharge: Masquerade/Black Russian
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 February 2014
Oh my my, Disco Recharge please stop reissuing just about anything that Boris Midney produced!
Yes he did some very good albums but the last ones you chose to reissue are just so bad that should have been left forgotten.
Particularly I am referring to Pinocchio. The perfect example of how Disco became probably hated by many. Just take ANY subject and turn it into a disco album. Not a good idea.
This is the classic simple, bad, elementary music coupled with the "classic" female voices screeching whatever silly "lyric" was thought of. You put down a bunch of words related to the subject and ask the vocalists to sing them.
The disco album of Evita was already bad IMO, but this certainly surpassed that. Can I give it zero stars please? Don't waste your money on this one. I trust Disco Recharge and buy all their reissues but I am going to have to now spend some time and youtube the next planned releases to ensure I'm not spending more money for this kind of garbage. Yes, garbage. Why are you hell-bent on reissuing everything by Boris Midney? If it's no good, it's no good, no point in resurrecting it. There are a lot more project deserving a reissue treatment.
6 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2014
just love this series of c/d/s by disco recharge and disco discharge.
there is some stuff that if you were not in the clubs you would have never had the magic which this brings.
dance on
on 18 July 2014
10 out of 10, bring on more.
on 21 February 2014
what can I say what can I say it was good maybe if it turns up I can write a good one
on 16 September 2016
Black Russian was so bad they didn`t even bother doing any remixes , but Masquerade is quite good if you forget the spurious "Pinocchio" storyline . It`s good to get the Francois Kevorkian edits .
on 15 August 2014
One of the best albums from Midney, Pinochio is just amazing, the sound quality is amazing.