on 29 May 2017
I don't really know what to say. I really struggled with this, really couldn't get into it and I'm not even sure I liked the characters that much. Yes there were some funny bits but it just wasn't the book for me I'm afraid
on 2 June 2017
Absolutely loved this book once I got into the storyline, although started a little confusing. Please persevere as it will make you laugh, cry and swoon along the way. The story of Darla, Trevor and Joe is a deep soul searching read. This is a must read five star book
on 7 August 2014
Right from the start I was laughing out loud, I was gripped. Fantastic story line, great characters, superbly written. Have recommended this book to my best friend, and have no doubt she will love it too. (Wish I could find a Hot Naked man wearing nothing but a hat, collar and a Guitar along my local motorway!!!!!!)
on 24 June 2013
Yep I laughed, sprayed coffee over the cat when reading this. Not so much a love story as a meeting of kindred spirits. All the characters are good, some backstory but I`m assuming this will follow in another book.
Sad in places and so damn funny in others read it.
on 8 September 2014
A sort of addition to her first billionaire series, you see the characters that were brought in that series as additions now have their own story. Just as brilliant as the other series, a lot of laughs and some quirky ness as the story unravels. You need to read this!
on 29 November 2016
Brilliant funny loved it
on 23 June 2013
A wonderfully laugh out loud story that leaves you crying outfielder with a twist that I wasn't expecting can't wait for next part of the story
on 2 August 2015
Enjoyed
on 29 November 2016
This is the 1st book in one of my favourite series. I love Julia's writing and i highly recommend this book / series / author. Some of the best characters you will ever read.
Darla is brilliant, so funny and a breath of fresh air. I laughed out loud so many times over Darla, Trevor and Joe's antics. I'm not going to say any more as i do not want to spoil the delight in front of you.
I look forward to reading them all again.
I hope you enjoy this as much as i did.
on 17 July 2013
Random Acts of Crazy is a story about a naked hitchhiker, Trevor, who is picked up by trailer park chick Darla on her way home. It's late at night and she stops her car for the fine-bodied, naked hitchhiker who has nothing with him but a straw hat and his guitar and that's where things kick off. Trevor is as high as a kite when Darla picks him up and he has absolutely no idea how he got from Boston to Ohio in one night. There is an instant connection between Darla and Trevor, but things start to get complicated when Trevor's band mate Joe arrives to pick him up and seems to be falling for Darla too.

Random Acts of Crazy sounded like a fun and flirty book, perfect for the summer and it didn't disappoint on those fronts. This novel is downright hilarious at times which is to be expected from the absurdity of the situation Darla, Trevor and Joe are in. This novel is written from the alternating perspectives of all three of the main characters though Darla's is without a doubt the most interesting and the funniest. Darla is one of those girls that doesn't take crap from anybody and has quite simple rules to life. By contrast, Trevor and Joe come from a world where there parents monitor their every move and doing what they want to do just because they want to do it is something that they're not entirely familiar with. The coming together of such different characters is brilliant as you can see them all learning something from each other, particularly Trevor and Joe who learn to let loose a little and realise that there's more to life than getting in Law School.

A lot of aspects of this book are completely ludicrous but because they're so darn funny, you accept them. The opening chapters of this book were excellent. The writing was witty, funny, sexy, but as the story progressed I felt that it started to get a little silly. Whilst you could sense some sort of connection between Trevor and Darla, there really isn't much between Joe and Darla which makes their relationship very unbelievable. The book mentions frequently that Darla isn't much of a looker and that Joe and Trevor are basically angels that have descended from the heavens above and not that I'm superficial, but I just don't believe that two rockstars, no less two rockstars from Darla's favourite online band, would both end up falling for the same country bumpkin within the space of a few hours. Before Joe's arrival, I really liked this book, but after his character was introduced things started to get very silly. I can't reveal what these silly things were but things started to get more and more and sexual and culminated in something that I was really surprised at. Props to the author for ingenuity because man I did not see that ending coming but at the same time, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was a little ridiculous.

The one lose end that bothered me was that you never find out how Trevor ended up naked on the middle of a road in Ohio. We did find out a tiny bit more about his journey about half way through the story, but no real explanation. I guess it'll always be a mystery.

All in all, this is a brilliantly funny novel with lots of sexual references (so no minors!), but the plot disintegrated into madness after the introduction of a third main character which is a great shame. I would highly recommend this book to people looking for a quick and witty summer read and it certainly has a lot of plot twists which keep things interesting, but if you're a realist, then this isn't the book for you.