on 10 July 2014
great gps , not the best..but really good and fast and responsive
on 6 July 2014
This is an absolute nightmare to update, I have a highspeed internet connection yet downloadin gfiles takes an age relative to the file size being downloaded, if you don't have the most excellent internet connection you will have trouble updating.
The server keeps disconnecting, updates fail for no apparent reason.
Their technical support is average at best.
It wouldn't be so bad but the updates seem to be endless
on 4 August 2013
I am not new to sat navs and I thought that I would try the acclaimed TomTom system.
What a total disappointment and here are the reasons.
Screen difficult to see in bright conditions.
Very little information on screen.
Would not link to my iPhone for updates and traffic information.
I returned the product and ordered the latest model of my previous device.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 April 2015
Excellent Sat Nav from Tom Tom,Blutooth very handy.
on 6 January 2016
The worst TomTom product ever. Near impossible to run maps/cameras update as it keeps freezing and crashing. Full of bugs and TomTom seems to be doing nothing about it. Forums are full of dissatisfied customers asking questions on problem solving, which no one seems to be able to answer.
on 27 July 2014
Perfect. My husband no longer gets lost!
on 18 November 2013
Free lifetime maps and traffic. This should be a no brainer at this price. I read about the removal of popular features but that didn't bother me because I have been using tomtom IQ routes which is their smallest and most basic sat nav for over 5 years and I love it.
I realised I was going to send this device back after an hour into its maiden voyage. I encountered a road block. No problem I thought. I will just press avoid road block in the menu. Then I found out this feature has been removed! I turned around and had to listen to the unit trying to re-direct me to a closed road. This is no good. I'm a white van man. I live on the road, I encounter road blocks and obstruction's all the time. Another thing which is a huge problem is connecting the device to your phone. You have to tether the device to your phone which sounds simple enough but nearly all phone Networks Don't allow you to do this! One Network I found that does this is GIFFGAFF but you have to buy £10 bundles to get 1gb of data. I was going to switch to Giffgaff because I wanted the traffic feature until I found I can not avoid road blocks and parts of the route. Another thing which is annoying is that now you have to switch between numerical and normal keyboard to input the address. Why? Oh, and if you miss - heard the voice directions pressing the corner of the screen no longer repeats the instruction and I think you have to go to the main menu to alter the sound. A real shame, I'm a (ex) loyal customer of Tomtom but this device is not fit for purpose. In summary, I would rather have my old basic tomtom which is 5 years out of date with no traffic than this new one. I think tomrom feel the days of a dedicated sat nav are numbered and instead are charging an eye watering £80 odd pounds for a phone holder so you can use the tomtom phone app. As a white van man I need a dedicated unit, one that would optimise my route from inputting lots of postcodes. Garmin does this. Sadly I feel my next sat nav will be a Garmin. I think Tomtom have become very arrogant and believe their customers will be loyal to the brand . I heard their CO talking in Amsterdam that not enough people signed up to live traffic so they decided to charge more for the units and give the service away for free. RIP TOMTOM
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 June 2014
Very happy with my Tom Tom. It is reliable. I like that it shows me what time my expected arrival is. The Australian voice is great. Makes me smile everytime.
on 23 December 2013
I have used Tom Tom for many years. I was forced by buy a new one as our previous one (the IQ) was stolen. Anyway I did a bit of research and decided on the GO 400.

It was received last week I have now played around with it for a little while. I like it. I prefer the new set up and screen interface. It is very intuitive. I think it is an improvement on previous versions.

However, the only thing that took me a while to figure out was the attachment. I prefer my device on the dashboard rather than the windscreen but I could not figure out how to attach it to our dashboard beanbag without the device being upside down (the map does not automatically orient itself unfortunately). After having to do some research I found out that you can actually remove the attachment by pressing the button on the opposite side of the speaker grill (at the back of the device) and then attach it from the other side. Anyway they should have made this clearer and or this reason I give it 4 stars.

So for those of you that think the attachment is fixed to the device - it is not. It can easily be removed (to allow for easier storage) or to change the windscreen fixing to the dashboard one.
on 19 October 2013
takes some getting used to but is quite good afterwards. They should provide more instructions with the item to make life easier for the older user.