on 21 November 2013
This is the second set of Knog Frog LED Lights (Front and Rear) that we've purchased. One for my son and one for my daughter. The lights so far have been good. Easy to attach, fun, compact and very bright. We've not had any problems with water ingress as some others have but the kids are only young so we tend not to go out in the wet weather. That said, we have been caught in the rain and my son's bike has been rained on pretty much all day outside school one day and no issues. Anyway, form and function all good - it's the colours I have a real problem with. We bought Red for my son to go with his red bike, but it turned out to be a rather unpleasant murky orangy colour. I suppose you could call it orangey red but not a nice colour really. I was expecting 'postbox' and got 'Heinz tomato soup'.
And now 'indigo' which looks a lovely purple colour on Amazon but in reality is another murky shade, this time sort of like a dirty looking RAF Airforce blue. Not at all 'purply' and certainly not something I would describe as 'Indigo'. Check out the colour chart at the bottom of this wikipedia article if you want a true reflection of the colour and cast your eyes away from the nice purple 'Indigo' that you might be expecting, and look at the RAF airforce blue but a bit darker and dirtier - [...]
I'm not even sure how they've managed to get the colours to look so different on Amazon. There's only so much you can do with 'good light' before you start to suspect some creative editing. I know you don't get a accurate representation of colour on computer screens but image aside, it's in no way indigo coloured.