Customer reviews

Price:£11.49+ Free shipping

on 1 May 2014
After trying a Sainsbury's Basics towel rack - rather flimsy, kept on falling apart (and spotted also on here), we decided to splurge a little, though still a gamble, as we didn't know the size of the overdoor hooks.

Turns out it fit perfectly - our bathroom door is 35mm thick and the hooks sit virtually flush with the door. Now we can finally close our bathroom door without fiddling with the hooks! The hooks are also directly screwed on the rack, making one solid unit. The Sainsbury's hooks were larger, perhaps to fit 45 or 50 mm doors (we didn't measure), and the rack hung off the hooks.

We've only had it a few days, but the rail seems very sturdy and holds towels easily - we can also pull towels off carelessly and not have the rails fall apart. Seems built to last.

What would make it perfect would be if the rails weren't directly over each other, so that towels could dry more effectively, hence the 4 star "I like it" rather than 5 star "I love it". Then again, couldn't really find anything like that during my search. So I'd recommend this if you need to buy a towel rack, but you can't drill into the walls/doors (e.g. if you rent a flat) - and your doors are 35mm thick.
on 25 August 2017
Awful just plain awful. I opened it, looked at the quality and it's now in the bin
on 14 September 2017
Strong and perfect for drying small items on.
on 29 July 2017
very useful and happy with this item
on 24 December 2014
The product itself seems OK - tubes are a bit thin for a 'heavy duty' product, but it's all held together with decent allen bolts, so I can't see that it'd have a problem holding towels. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out - despite living in a standard 1990's-built house with what any reasonable person would call standard (40mm thick) doors, the clips on the rail are too small to fit, being only 36mm wide (and losing another mm or two because of the allen bolts). If you have doors that are 'more standard' than mine, then it's worth considering, but measure up first.
on 23 May 2017
When I bought one of these back in October of last year, it was great, fitted over the door and is still going strong. I decided to buy another one, so clicked the 'buy again' link. The item arrived today, however when I unpacked it - I noticed that it was slightly different and that it was in fact designed to attach to the wall! it comes with two plates and some rawplugs instead of the brackets to hang over the door. The box still says 'Door Hanger' however the parts and instructions make it clear its not designed to hang over a door!
Had to return, really disappointed. I'd much rather have a replacement with the proper fittings than a refund but doubt the vendor can do this.

I would suggest the vendor change their description to stop anyone else having this issue.
review image review image review image
on 23 May 2017
Purchased to hang over door (like advertised) but came with two metal plates with four Rawl plugs and screws, to be attached instead of hung over door.

Unhappy at being misled, attached it to door anyway. Still does it's job.
review image
on 17 November 2013
Good fit over door, not at all flimsy and holds two large bath sheets easily.Chrome finish looks good .Very pleased
on 9 September 2014
Fits easily on my bathroom door and does a great job keeping the towels tidy.
on 8 July 2014
it seems to do the job well. Pity you cannot get the towels (Bath) on the rail without doubling up, having said that it gets them hung up out of the way.